Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing my playlist in a public place

Playing my playlist in a public place

Suppose I subscribe to spotify. Woudl it be possible to play my playists in a public place like my restaurant or cafe, and share my selecction with my customers?

Kind regards

José

2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately not, you are not allowed to play Spotify in public places.

This is because it goes against Section 4 of the Spotify Terms and conditions of Use.

It says: '...and we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable licence to make personal, non-commercial use of the Spotify Service...'

The maximum limit to this extends to, say, playing it in your party with a few friends, but it is not permitted to play it in public places like a restaurant, as legally it would require all the people to purchase a subscription in order to listen to the music.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi what about if it is a public event, several iPads are placed in the event, with around 30 songs in the playlist of Spotify app installed in the iPad. at the event (commercial purpose but participants are not charged) the participants (welcome to public) can individually listen to the 30 songs using the iPads using headphones. it is NOT played as a background music. will this be in violation? thanks

Suggested posts