Spotify is playing random music, why?

Re: Spotify is playing random music, why?

Sebasarre
Casual Listener

Ey guys.. I solve it the hard way. I deleted the software, cancelled my account and after a week I download it again and started paying for the service again. Now the problem stopped... frankly im disappointed with spotify but so far is the one I like most. 

Maddison
Music Fan

Thanks for reply; It seems to have someting to do with the fact that I play spotify from multiple devices (iphone, ipad and macbook) and I have two or more all on wifi it picks up the iphone as master.  eg: if I am trying to play from Ipad, but my iphone is on wifi also, it will play one song from my selected playlist on the ipad, but then it will revert to whatever was queued when I last played it on the iPhone. There is probably some fix for it, but I have given up and just kind of wait it out or turn the phone off. 

The other issue that i have been suggesting for years is a 'clear queue' feature which would so easily solve that and other issues !  

No radio issues so far - hope I don't end up with that! 

Highlighted

qasimmomin786

All I had to was delete the app and redownload it and log in and it worked, i had the exact same problem and this worked for me!

Maddison
Music Fan
Excellent - I shall retry. But first ... I am assuming that if I delete and reload - do all my saved playlists remain in-tact?

Mask1743

I have disabled the auto play on mine but it still plays random songs when I’m listening to an album, why? Also, it puts different songs into my favourites when I clearly haven’t favourited them because I have never listened to them before, how can I fix this?

Baldo69
Casual Listener

Make your playlist “public” then go to search and type the name of your playlist, once you find it click on it and go to shuffle play, it should play only the songs on the playlist you created, it worked for me..

Baldo69
Casual Listener

Make your playlist “public” then go to search and type the name of your playlist, once you find it click on it and go to shuffle play, it should play only the songs on the playlist you created.. it worked for me..

lqz-xkcfe_bs

That worked for me too.

stecasasso

This is a bug, not a feature.

This must be solved on their side. It's clear that if the user click "play" on the album he/she would like to play the whole album and not just the first song and then start again with the queue. I don't want to go to queue and clear my queue, for 2 reasons:

- I may want to resume my queued songs after I listened to the whole album
- I can't be be bothered doing that anyway

denlm
Music Fan

Spotify does this to promote songs and recommend songs for you as well. 

SUGGESTED POSTS