Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to add new card to pay for premium account

Unable to add new card to pay for premium account

Hi Spotify Community, 

My debit card connected to my account was recently stolen, so after I got a new one I had to plug in those details to resume paying for my premium account. However, whenever I attempt to add my card details on the payment page, I get the following message:

"Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method."

I've tried adding my information several times over the past few weeks and I've had no luck getting my card to work. I've tried using a different card and I still get the same message--which leads me to believe this is an account issue rather than an issue with my card(s). 

I've had to use Apple Music for the past few weeks, which is a major bummer because I miss my Weekly Discover 😞

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, how did you resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

5 Replies

Hey @thisisit91, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you take a look at the following infographic and let me know if any of it helps you?

Card Problems.png

Looking forward to your response 🙂

Jacob, thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue. I will call my bank tomorrow to attempt to resolve this issue. 

Have you run into this issue before? Does reaching out to the bank typically aid in this?

@thisisit91,

They can help, but I agree that since you have tried multiple cards it probably isn't an issue on their side. Could you try once more from a browser on a different device? If that doesn't work you can try reaching out to your bank, and if that still hasn't resolved your issue then we can work from there 🙂

Jacob, 

After speaking to my bank, they informed me that there was no hold of any kind on my account and/or cards. Do you have another possible solution, or next step?

Thanks.

@thisisit91,

All you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Suggested posts