Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to update payment info and switch to premium account from student account

Solved!

Unable to update payment info and switch to premium account from student account

I'm trying to update my payment information and seem to be unable to do so. My account was originally a student account but now I'm no longer a student. I went in to update billing and it keeps sending me to the student verification page with no option to change my account from student to regular premium user. It won't allow me to move forward with changing payment info until I verify I'm a student again (which I'm not). How do I get around this without having to cancel my account and start again? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @beckyb589,

In this case, it's better to cancel your subscription and delete your payment info. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @beckyb589,

In this case, it's better to cancel your subscription and delete your payment info. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts