Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

logging into email-connected account on desktop version

logging into email-connected account on desktop version

Hey, sorry if this has been beat to death already.

Background: I created a new account on Spotify using my email, for which I bought premium. However, several years ago, I created a normal Spotify account through facebook, that still exists currently. The problem is that I downloaded the desktop version to be able to log in to my email-connected, premium account, but everytime I type in the credentials and hit "log in", spotify instead logs me in to the facebook - connected account. 

These two accounts have completely different logins and passwords, and this issue is really frustrating me as I cannot use my premium account unless I am on the web. Anyone know how to fix this?

1 Reply

Hey @aksn467

Make sure to type in your username and password into the login fields. Email in the login field is only supported by Facebook accounts. It sounds like you are typing in your email into the login field. If you type an email and password that match a Facebook accout, it will log into that instead.

Check out this support article:
https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/problems-logging-in-to-spotify/

Does that help?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts