Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify premium account changed to free (But im on virgin media)

spotify premium account changed to free (But im on virgin media)

Im about a month into my virgin media broadband, and have 6months free spotify premium.

but ive just logged into spotify and my accounts gone to free and some offline songs not avail.

ive been using premium for the last few weeks?

is it a system error?

14 Replies

still not sorted

have rang virgin who are investigating the issue (not rang me back)

emailed spotify a few days ago, not even a reply...

Starting to let me down spotify!

This has happened to me too...

pwatson29 - Hmm, this might be a little tricky. I could only locate your "pwatson29" account, but it does not appear to have a Virgin subscription attached. Do you set up another account at all?

hshipley - I could only locate a free account attached to your email address. In order to track your paid account down, you might need to contact our customer service team directly and provide some details. Scroll to the top of this page and click on "About Us", then Contact Form.
Airhorn Enthusiast

This has happend to me I have been paying £9.99 a month for the last four months and only been able to access free account I can't afford to throw £40 downthe drain so I am cancelling

Hi guys,

I to have spent ages going the spotify and the virgin media website.. i but think someones playing cowboys and indians coz all i got from virgin media was an apache tomcat message and pile of guff....come one dudes SORT IT OUT.....

YOU KNOW IT WOULD NOT BE HARD TO CHECK IP ADDRESS AND AN INTERNET LOOKUP TO CHECK TO SEE IF ANY PARTICULAR USERS A VIRGIN MEDIA BROADBAND SUBSCRIBER....

I THINK EVERYTHINGS GROUND TO A HALT COZ OF THE OLYMPICS SOMEBODYS "BOL"TED WITH THE SPOTIFY SUBSCRIPTIOSN I THINK.....LOL.....X

Hi, when I signed up to virgin mediabroadband I got 3 months free spotify. Yesterday I went on my spotify app on the iPad and all my songs were gone. The playlist is still there however I cannot playanything, is thei because the free subscription is up? If so, how do I purchase it? Should I not have got an email from viegin or spotify to say my free subscription is up? 

Thanks

@Nicwilson07 wrote:

Hi, when I signed up to virgin mediabroadband I got 3 months free spotify. Yesterday I went on my spotify app on the iPad and all my songs were gone. The playlist is still there however I cannot playanything, is thei because the free subscription is up? If so, how do I purchase it? Should I not have got an email from viegin or spotify to say my free subscription is up? 

Thanks

On your account it seems the subscription was cancelled on 28/8 so reverted back to free on 6/9. Since Virgin are managing your subscription you'll have to talk to them about this if it's not all right.

Or let us know if you have any other Spotify questions.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

How do I upgrade? Would I have to go through virgin or just do it through here?

@Nicwilson07 wrote:

How do I upgrade? Would I have to go through virgin or just do it through here?

You can sign up for Premium on your subscription page: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Once I sign up will my playlist restore?

@Nicwilson07 wrote:

Once I sign up will my playlist restore?

Since you'd just be restarting your subscription nothing would actually change on your account. But with a Premium account you'll be able to listen offline/on your mobile again.

Just let me know if you need some extra clarification on this.

Sorry for all the questions but one last one......to listen to my playlist on the iPad do I need unlimited or premium?

A Premium account is needed to stream songs to any mobile device, or sync them offline. So that's what you'd need to go for here.

Great thanks for all your help!

Suggested posts