Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

two profiles

Solved!

two profiles

I have now 2 profiles because i have an old hacked mail and a new one i use by facebook.

I can't log in to the old one anymore, and i can't deactivate it either - so i want you to delete it for me, can you do that? 

it's [mod edit - removed email address].

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed - The Spotify app inside of your Facebook account essentially acts as the bridge between logging in with your Facebook and the system being able to find your true Spotify account in the system behind the scenes. When you remove that Spotify app and then log in again, since the system can't find the app it assumes you are a new user and hence creates a new behind the scenes account (which is why you now have two numerical usernames). 

Spotify support will need to lend a hand to get you back to your original account. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Please get in touch with the Spotify team so they can delete it for you, and transfer your playlists from the old to the new one (if you would like that).

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Or if you can't login: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Would you like us to transfer your playlists and starred tracks over to the new account for you, Annemette89

Yes please, that would be awesome!

@Grace wrote:

Would you like us to transfer your playlists and starred tracks over to the new account for you, @Annemette89

Very strange & not sure if it was me or Spotify who messed up? It did start with me removing Spotify from my Facebook account, can't remember why i did this? but then when i went to  re add it to my Facebook, my original  Spotify profile with all my playlists, messages, followers & who i was following had gone. Had a lot of playlists & really don't want to lose them. On this second profile my name is correct & so is my profile pic but there's nothing there, like it's a new account? I cant remember how, but I saw my old profile on Spotify with all my playlists ect there. My profile name has gone, it's a long number like a username but my pic is still on it. I can only click on it, I cant properly access it? So it seems i have 1 Spotify account but 2 ish profiles. It's almost like I've logged in twice somewhere? I want my original one back please. Can someone help, Thanks

Marked as solution

@user-removed - The Spotify app inside of your Facebook account essentially acts as the bridge between logging in with your Facebook and the system being able to find your true Spotify account in the system behind the scenes. When you remove that Spotify app and then log in again, since the system can't find the app it assumes you are a new user and hence creates a new behind the scenes account (which is why you now have two numerical usernames). 

Spotify support will need to lend a hand to get you back to your original account. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thanks Peter for the help

Can anyone tell me how long roughly it should take for @spotifycares to fix my problem of having 2 profiles please?

I posted on here yesterday & Peter told me to tweet spotifycares which i did last night. someone has replied asking for my account email which i gave earlier on today. Just wondering what's happening & how long roughly? Thanks

They normally aim to reply to all tweets in 24 hours but if you don't hear anything back shortly please shout and I will poke the team.

Peter

THANK YOU

Suggested posts