Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

username shows up as random characters

username shows up as random characters

When I tried to login on my computer with my username I got a message that no such username exists.  I looked at my phone, and sure enough, the app shows I'm logged in with my username.  So I logged in on my computer with my email address with no problem.  The weird part is that in my account info my username shows up as a bunch of random characters.  This is true also in the upper right user drop down that shows your username it is the same random characters, but not always.  As I click through screens, sometimes it changes to my actual username, and as I click further it will revert back to the random characters.  Is there a way to harmonize this and get my username to work for login and to appear in my account correctly?  I know there is no way to change username in my account other than to cancel my account and start a new one.  

2 Replies

Having the same issue. It happened after I updated spotify on my computer.

error.png

Hi,
I have been working on this issue with Spotify Help and have been told there is very little we can do about it, but if the community does not like it Spotify may change their stance.
I was then directed to submit an "Idea", and told that if it gets enough votes Spotify may adress this issue.
Please look here for more details and to vote for Spotify to stop changing people's usernames to random characters:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Don-t-force-us-to-use-gibberish-as-Usernames/idi-p...

Suggested posts