Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App ist sehr langsam oder reagiert überhaupt nicht mehr

App ist sehr langsam oder reagiert überhaupt nicht mehr

Wie genannt startet die App sehr langsam, teilweise reagiert sie nicht mehr oder das überspringen von Songs funktioniert nur noch mit sehr langer Verzögerung.

Ich habe die App schon 3x mal neu installiert und auch davor nach der Beschreibung gelöscht.

Funktioniert leider trotzdem nicht.

Plan

Premium Famil,

Country

Deutschland 

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Top Answer
Elena

Hey there @Ben1986!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this up with us. Hope you don't mind us replying in English 

Right now we have an Ongoing issue with what you seem to be experiencing with your phone.  

You can take a look here and leave your +Vote in the thread as well.

Hopefully we'll have this sorted out soon, keep an eye on the page for any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with 🙂

35 Replies

Same here - still - two identical smartphones/systems. One for me, one for my kids.
Mine is working fine, the audiobook-phone for the kids is slow as **bleep**.

Es kann doch nicht sein, dass zu viele Alben eines Künstlers (Fünf Freunde, Die ???,...) die App in die Knie zwingen!?

Hi @Rokkford,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Let's see what we can do to help you out 🙂

First off, let us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app. 

If this doesn't do the trick, try logging to your account on your kid's device, this way we can determine if the issue is related to the account.

In case that doesn't work either, let us know the make, model and operative system of the device, as well as the Spotify app version. 

If you ever need us again, we'll be on the lookout. 

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hej Julian,

problem still exists after complete new phone setup.

Logging into spotify with my acoount: runs without problems.

Logging in with my kids account: discographies, albums won't load, app freezes, etc....

Must be a problem with family account.

Phone: Oneplus One bacon (A0001)

Spotify: 8.6.44.851 

Hey @Rokkford,

Thanks for the post.

Could you try to set up a new kids account and check if that one works better.

If you're experiencing the same issues, try clearing the cache on the kids app.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Seems to work so far.
Let's see for how long...

Thanks anyway!

Hi @Rokkford

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have recognized this problem at least three years ago!!!

It does not depend on the type of android phone. It occurs on motorola the same way as on huawai. It also does not depend on any android and/or spotify versions.

The problem depends on the combination of device (instance!) and account. So it seems to be completely useless to ask users for their phone or software versions.

On my phone I have currently no downloads at all. so neither lack of memory nor the 10000-download-limit seem to cause the problem.

- If I search for an artist (eg Ken Follett) I receive a list of the most popular track and albums. As soon as I select the "discography" I get a blank screen. Even the "circle of death" is missing. For some other artists the "discography" display works from time to time but You can not rely on ist.

- After starting the app and doing some clicks even the settings screen is just blank. In this case with circle of death.

- Downloading tracks is extremely slow. Not the transfer itself but establishing the connection takes extremely long.

- If I download the tracks of an audio book (ca. 200 tracks) it seems that the download itself freezes after a couple of tracks. As soon as I activate the app again the download proceeds.

Please ask Your developers to search for the relation between device and account somewhere in the code!!!!!

Addition:

If I use the same account on a different android device (instance not type) everything works as expected!

Hey there @rechthaber

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Based on what you mentioned, the issue seems to be device-related, since it's currently working as expected on another Android device. Additionally, we ask for that info to try and isolate the issue and determine what the root cause might be, as it can depend on many different factors.

On another note, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Selbes Problem nun auch hier seit ein paar Wochen auf mehreren Geräten. Lädt alles sehr langsam. Titel Wechsel sehr langsam .Neuinstallation bringt nix. Ist das ein Problem vom Family Account?

Hey there @Nunienu,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the forum.

In order to understand what's happening on your side, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sharing with us more info about the devices on which you've noticed this behavior? Please send us the make/model and OS of the affected devices along with the Spotify version you're running there.

On another note, it'd be really helpful if you could send us a full description of what's happening on your side. Are you having issues when trying to open the app? Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Are you able to play content though? Please send us as many details as possible.

Lastly, in order to isolate the behavior you've mentioned, we'll need more details, but keep in mind that all the accounts that make part of a Family plan are independent of one to another. The issue can be related to a number of factors, such as your connection or your devices' performance.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Bei mir hat es seinerzeit geholfen, einen neuen Account innerhalb des family accounts anzulegen.

Damit waren die Probleme behoben

Hello, the problem exists on all Android devices. These include 2 Redmi Note 11s (Android 13), a Redmi Note 12 (Hyper OS), a Redmi Pad, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. The app opens initially, but you can see that the album cover and the icon image from your own user take some time. Changing tracks regularly freezes. Even then, no album cover is visible at first. After about 30 seconds, a track suddenly changes. It doesn't matter whether the track is downloaded or played live. Sometimes the app cannot be closed. Even though it has been completely closed, the track continues to play. Spotify version on all devices is currently 88.9.34.590. But the problem was there even before the update.

Hello, the problem exists on all Android devices. These include 2 Redmi Note 11s (Android 13), a Redmi Note 12 (Hyper OS), a Redmi Pad, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. The app opens initially, but you can see that the album cover and the icon image from your own user take some time. Changing tracks regularly freezes. Even then, no album cover is visible at first. After about 30 seconds, a track suddenly changes. It doesn't matter whether the track is downloaded or played live. Sometimes the app cannot be closed. Even though it has been completely closed, the track continues to play. Spotify version on all devices is currently 88.9.34.590. But the problem was there even before the update.

Danke das werde ich mal ausprobieren. Nur komisch das das 3 Accounts betrifft.

Suggested posts