Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does anyone realize how much **bleep** our children can access through this app??

Does anyone realize how much **bleep** our children can access through this app??

I've recently learned that Spotify is not even close to appropriate for ages 12+ and up.  Unfortunately, learned it the hard way when I discovered my 12 year old was able to access graphic **bleep** when he searched common 12 year old boy words (i.e., **bleep**, erection, etc.)  Evidently limiting content to "clean" and excluding "explicit content" features are only talking about language in song lyrics and do absolutely nothing to protect our kids from **bleep** even my 40 year eyes have never seen.  I'm absolutely appalled right now.  Thank God we're paying attention.  

2 Replies

Fascinating....Spotify has censored the word P O R N in my post above, though it does not censor the disgusting content available on their app.  My mind may actually be blown.

Ironic.  This board appears to have censored my post above, replacing the word P O R N.  However, the sheer nature of the post is regarding the lack of censorship on graphic P O R N available to subscribers of all ages, without the ability to restrict.  

Suggested posts