Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I open an album, the artist discography is displayed instead of just that album

When I open an album, the artist discography is displayed instead of just that album

Call me old-school, but I like to listen full albums. I don't even have the "autoplay" feature enabled because I always like to know what I'm listening to.

Recently, Spotify's behavior has changed when an album is selected. It shows the full artist's discography, instead of just the album/single I selected.

For instance, if I select this single:

mrbeast87_0-1656793443885.png

I'm taken to the page of the artist's discography, scrolled to my selection:

mrbeast87_1-1656793512566.png

If I hit play, the full discography will be played instead of the single I selected. I don't like this, because if I made a particular selection, it's because I want to listen to what I just selected.

Now if I want to play what I selected, I have to click again to get to the correct list:

mrbeast87_3-1656793833681.png

Finally here am I at where I wanted to be:

mrbeast87_4-1656793887770.png

Where the playback will stop after my selection is played.

Am I the only one annoyed by this behavior? Can we at least have an option to toggle this behavior, in case some people prefer the new way?

Thanks for reading.

2 Replies

I agree with you, that configuration is a bit annoying

Nobody else feels this is a issue? I've been a premium user for 6+ years, free user since much longer than that, and this is a deal breaker for me 😿

Suggested posts