Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hipster Heaven

Hipster Heaven

"Hipster Heaven" is my regularly updated playlist of new finds and old gems, curated around many Sunday afternoons spent digging through record bins in NYC.  The name, and thus the music style, reminds me of my days living in a Brooklyn free of Starbucks and million dollar condos.

Enjoy! 

-Jimmy

7 Replies

Updated: January 13th, 2020

As we settle into 2020, an update to my playlist. A few notes:

• My first selection is the stand out track from the best album of 2019, FKA twigs "cellophane."
  • I'm highly anticipating Tame Impala's new album coming later this month.
  • Second maybe only to Billie Eilish, Burna Boy was the break through artist of 2019.
  • Moses Sumney's "Polly" has been on constant repeat.
  • The last track is a shout out to those of us who felt heartbreak in 2019, keep ya head up, 2020 will be a better year.

Enjoy, xx
-Jimmy

That is quite a cool selection. Thanks for sharing!

Updated February 1, 2020

Hey ya'll, can you believe it is February already!? I refreshed my Hipster Heaven playlist with some absolute gems for this month. There was so much good music coming out lately, from Halsey to Mac Miller (RIP), and can we talk about how DOPE "070 Shake" is?

I started off things light with Weyes Blood, who I had known a few years back from their "Innocents" EP. Hello Khruangbin and Leon Bridges collaboration on "C-Side." Ya'll making some magic together for sure. Speaking of collabs, what about Thundercat and Steve Lacy?!?! BOMB.

As we move into the late stages of the list, I've been beasting TOKiMONSTA and to have Anderson.Paak join her is just the icing on the cake. I saw him live in NYC this past spring and he's truly and mindboggling gifted. True master at his craft.

I've been a DJ for 10 years, so of course I wind things down on the electronic side... please don't say EDM! . For me, Harrison BDP has been putting out some dope stuff. I have been digging through YouTube and have been finding some absolute gems, so expect more of the same in the future.

Closing out with Adryiano - On My Side. HOLY KICK DRUM. This is the track I want to hear a t Mister Sunday party on a Sunday, dancing outdoors in summer with a beer in hand.

Have a great weekend ya'll and I hope you enjoy the updated playlist!

PS: Hit me up if you have music you want me to add. If I think it fits the vibe, I'll happily do so!

Updated this past weekend, I took a more mindful approach given all that is going on. A little bit of old, a little bit of new. Music is ray of light that provides us some relief during these times. Music is one way I can share a big of happiness with the world. Enjoy!

Playlist updated for February to celebrate Black History Month 🙂

Suggested posts