Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Making playlist collaborative but won’t let others ad songs

Making playlist collaborative but won’t let others ad songs

I’m making a playlist, and trying to make it collaborative. But when I send the ‘make collaborative’ link to friends it won’t let them ad any songs to it. I have deleted the app and tried again but it wont work.
3 Replies

Hey there! Happy to help. 

Make sure that you're enabling Collaborative mode following these steps. Once you've done that and they are still unable to add songs - can you let me know if they get an error message, or does it just not have the option for them to add songs? 

You can also send me a screenshot of any error messages and I'll take a closer look. Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I have the same problem.  I've set up a collaborative playlist this morning and sent the link to my wife, but when she opens the playlist, there's no 'Find More' option for her to add to it.  If she finds a song she wants to add, she also can't see the collaborative playlist as an option when trying to 'Add to Playlist' for the specific song, even though the playlist is in her library.  Any ideas?

Hey @snafu71,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. Sorry for the late response as we just came across this thread.

When the other user is not getting the collaborative features on your playlist, it's possible that the system didn't give the permissions with the link you sent. First, we'd recommend to your wife to "unfollow" the playlist and ask you for a new link to become a collaborator again. This way, the system will refresh the info.

If the issue persists, it's possible that your wife's device has some damaged cache stored. In that case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts