Step 1

NEXT STEP

No way to disable voice saying "resuming playlist"

No way to disable voice saying "resuming playlist"

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

When I'm connected to my car via Bluetooth and I open Spotify, it will interrupt with a voice saying "Resuming [playlist title]" before autoplaying whatever playlist or song was last open.

This voice "feature" is awful and I would like to know if there's a way to disable it. Who decided to implement this? I know what song I'm playing? Why would I need a robot voice telling the name of the music that I put on? Very frustrating.

Thank you

38 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone se 2020)

My Question or Issue

Got back in the car after a visit and after reconnecting to bluetooth device a track played with a robot voice saying something like, “Resuming playback from your liked songs.” How can i make sure this NEVER happens again? 

Noticed the same thing, pretty annoying. On top of this, the queue restarts from the beginning of the current playlist after hearing the voice playback. S23 Ultra, last update was April 5th (8.9.30.433), but this just started today (April 11th)

This morning, the app would preface unpausing the track automatically by first announcing "Resuming (insert name of playlist" or "Resuming (insert name of album)".

I hate this. This is Spotify “fixing” something that wasn’t broken.

Please tell me there a way to turn this off?

I listen to podcasts in my car. Each time I connect to the car's Bluetooth, a loud, annoying voice announces "Resuming podcast name/episode".

I do not want or need this "feature".

How do I turn it off?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

OnePlus 11

Operating System

OxygenOS

Same issue here. It's annoying and completely unnecessary 

Is there a way to turn off this wholly unwanted feature?

Just wanted to add my voice to the complaint. It's super annoying and I'd like to turn it off as soon as possible.

This. I cannot even start to describe how much I hate it. It serves no purpose and there is literally nothing I want less than to have some generic US accent AI voice interrupting my day when I switch device. Obviously I know that the music is resuming, because that is what switching devices does, so why on earth would anyone have spent time developing a feature which is effectively "yes, reality is as you thought"?

It is hateful and it needs to go.

THIS!!! Absolute garbage change.  Not only is it annoying as **bleep** but it also restarts whatever playlist or album was playing, so i'm CONSTANTLY losing where I was in a song!!!

Would also like to complain if your music is paused on shuffle and you switch out of the app and come back to Spotify it announces "Resuming (enter playlist name) turns off shuffle and is the most annoying thing ever please remove this ASAP

PLEASE! What a horrible "feature"

Also having this issue! And when the voice ends it doesn't resume the track I had playing! It skips to the next song in the album. I'm a delivery driver so I'm pausing and playing a lot and I wanted to rip my hair out today.

Yes! So frustrating. Also happening on iOS devices, and even when not connected to a Bluetooth speaker/car play - whenever a playlist “finishes” and restarts the loop, the voice interrupts them as well. The playlist name is ALWAYS visible at the top of the screen - and I chose it anyway - so this feature is absolutely useless and does nothing to improve the listener experience. It’s annoying and not helpful and needs to be either removed or allow the user to choose to disable. 

That must be really frustrating if it's happening outside of your car. For some reason it only happens to me while connect to my car. I hope it doesn't start doing it more.

I have also experienced this exact new behavior. It is expressly undesirable. Spotify, please include an option to disable this behavior.

This is so annoying. I can't imagine anyone was asking for this 'functionality'

Very annoying unnecessary garbage "feature" no one asked for with no option to turn off.  One more nail in the coffin for Spotify I guess.

Terrible feature bumping this thread so others can see.

Terrible feature that also disables shuffle when getting back into car, bumping this thread so others can see.

Suggested posts