Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Severe album art downsampling on mobile...

Severe album art downsampling on mobile...

iPhone 14, latest Spotify app, iOS 16

I'm an artist, have emailed Spotify for Artists support, combed discussion boards, and it seems Spotify will not give a definitive answer for this issue.

I uploaded art for my release ensuring it meets all of the specifications, at 3000px by 3000px. On Spotify desktop app and web player, the art looks crisp and perfect. On mobile, it is seriously downsampled and distorted. I have cleared my phone's cache, re-downloaded the app altogether, ensured the app is up-to-date, tried offline and online mode, tried data and WiFi, restarted my phone, tried on a friend's device...and no change - still bad art quality persisting on mobile.

This is incredibly frustrating both as someone who pays for Spotify as a listener and is an independent artist. When I contacted support, I did not receive a solution whatsoever, the person simply mentioned that "they didn't see it on their end". Short of having the artwork completely redone and re-processed through the distributor, which is a massive hassle, I'm not sure what's causing this.

It's clear that it's a mobile-specific issue, because as I mentioned, the art looks perfectly crisp on a computer, even when enlarged. You can see the clear discrepancy here between the mobile screenshot, original artwork and web player.

IMG_4548.PNG
VOE-Final.PNG
Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 1.42.03 AM.png
1 Reply

Hey @claritysounds

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We understand where you're coming from and we apologize for any inconveniences with your album art.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts