Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Jvanderlinde

This should be mandatory in every music app. Already posted my support for this request.

THE FACT THIS IS NOT ALREADY A FEATURE IS JUST RIDCULOUS. IT IS A MUSIC PLAYING PROGRAM FFS, HOW YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT IDEA TO NOT PUT THE FEATURE IN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE IS BEYOND ME. I HAVE NEVER HAD A MEDIA PLAYER PREVIOUS TO THIS NOT HAVE AN EQ. WINAMP, VLC, ZOOM, darn EVEN CRAPPY WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ALL HAVE THEM!! SORT IT OUT. (P.S SORRY FOR THE CAPS, THEY ARE JAMMED ON)

Any updates? 

I have to strongly agree with Rabsplace. There is an URGENT need of an EQ and you folks could at least release a statement that means something!

EQ for Mac App is a must have! Why 'not right now'?

becoop
lasergunmaster

Why not? There is really no reason...

lasergunmaster

It's pretty mindblowing that you guys don't have an eq in your desktop app. The current eq spotify puts on my personal music is really really bass heavy and songs that I enjoy in itunes (my personal music) sound much worse when I play them in the spotify app. I love spotify and everything that it can do but for a paid music service in 2016 this is embarrassing.

happyhendersons

becoop: Thanks for trying to help with that Lifehacker article, but many, many PC's don't have audio hardware
that comes with driver settings that have a built-in EQ (and many that do only have presets.) I've owned about 20 computers over
the last 15 years and not one has what Lifehacker is talking about. Also,
the workaround for Mac is a pain.

I mentioned Equalizer APO + PEACE GUI earlier, as have a few others. Much
simpler system *once you get it installed* (which is really confusing
unless you know what you're doing.)

The point is, people want a simple EQ built right into the app, like every
other music app ever made! It is obviously a simple thing if every other
app (including free ones) already has this feature. There is plenty of
open-source EQ code that can be dropped in. They just don't give a crap,
that's all.

People's biggest complaint here with system-wide EQ's is that they don't
want to have to go in to some utility every time they flip over to Spotify
to play a song. They just want Spotify to be EQ's for their music - that's
all.

Thanks for wanting to help, though. Lifehacker's advice just won't solve
the problem most of us are talking about here.

happyhendersons