Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists Wanted Edition No 2: Submissions

Artists Wanted Edition No 2: Submissions

Hey everyone!

As you are probably aware, at the heart of Spotify, and our Community, is Music: listening, curating, producing, and of course, discussing it.

After the successful first edition, the Community Music Chat Team is pleased to welcome upcoming artists for submitting their new releases to the second edition of Artists Wanted: Share Your Talent With The Community.

Note - You can find here results of the first edition.

How does it work?

• On a regular basis, we (the Community Music Chat Team) will post a thread (like this one) looking for submissions, so keep an eye out!
  • Artists participating have to be members of the Community and have a Spotify artist account.
  • Artists are welcome to post their songs and intros in a comment below (only one comment per band/artist please).
  • Note: If an artist has already participated in a previous edition of this project, they can submit again only with a new release of theirs.

Questions artists should answer to participate:

• Artist/Band name:
  • Where are you based:
  • Main genre of music:
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words:
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent songs which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users:
  • Link to Spotify profile: 
  • One link to a social media of your choice:
  • Who are your musical inspirations:
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better:

The Community Music Chat Team will go through all submissions, and propose a few for the entire Community to vote on. Once the results are in, we'll contact the winner, and they will be featured in our Community blog! 

When will submissions and voting occur?

Artists submissions: from January 29 to February 13

Community vote: from February 21 to February 27

Where to participate?

We'll hand it over to you, artists on the Spotify Community - post your answers to our questions in a comment below. Don't be shy, we'll be very glad to hear your tracks and read your replies!

P.S. When it comes to choosing the winning artist, we'll give equal chance to the finalists to gather votes from the forum's users; so don't get discouraged if you enter your submission at a later point and don't gather too many likes in this thread.

The submissions for this 2nd edition are now closed. Community users' voting will start February 21.

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
27 Replies

Nice music

Hey!

Nice initiative! Here'a my submission with my first ambient post-rock single. 🙂

• Artist/Band name: Birds of Vyraj
  • Where are you based: Hungary
  • Main genre of music: ambient/post-rock
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: atmospheric ambient post-rock soundscape with the intention to mimic  the mist
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent songs which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: 
  • https://open.spotify.com/track/3rtamsUyUiGHst2600ro4D?si=ffe733e2062f4b6b
  • Link to Spotify profile: 
  • https://open.spotify.com/artist/6MLYITEurxpYWJSgLRY7xY
  • One link to a social media of your choice: https://birdsofvyraj.bandcamp.com/releases
  • Who are your musical inspirations: Chords of Orion, Hammock, Beyond The Ghost, Lowercrase Noises, Leech, Wang Wen (aaand many more)
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: I'm a DIY musician and guitarist who besides music loves poetry, slavic culture and birds.

Thank you so much! Currently working on another single 🙂

• Artist/Band name: Mary Angel
  • Where are you based: Russia
  • Main genre of music: Pop
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: heartouching sensual singer-songwriter
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent songs which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: https://open.spotify.com/track/1m9rvn5jGnBr9UDBvFMjvx?si=0b611566ec3b4123&nd=1
  • Link to Spotify profile: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0EaJRr2skiAaAZ45JUGqBH
  • One link to a social media of your choice: https://www.instagram.com/maryangelmuse/
  • Who are your musical inspirations: My music sounds like Adele, Bruno Mars, James Arthur
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: I am writing songs from my hildhood, but I was just enjoying the writings and singing for my friends. I enjoid the procces of writings so much. It was just a way to express my feelings, what I feel inside. I was shy to show my songs to the big audiense.
  • But I always dreamed about sharing my Songs with people. 
  • I had a not easy Love Story which is ends coz of covid...
  • Me and my lover was separated miles away coz of...covid..
  • Thats how I start writing my first album. Still a lot of work, but after few months hopefully I would publish it.
  • I think its important to say. That every of my song on my future album was written from my Heart. The melody and lyrics-every word and every note-my heart wrote it. First would be Russian albums, than English and not only. 
  • Im gonna write lyrics in a few more langugues. Coz I want that people in every country feel My Story.
  • I want to support every couple who are going throw a taugh time...And also everyone who broke up...
  • I hope my Music will help you to go throw that.
  • In my plans to release lslow ove ballads, rock songs and also remixes of my songs.
  • Its very important for me to make my Music heard.
  • I put all my heart, love and passion.
  • Support mean a lot.
  • Every night Im here writing new songs expressing my Heart.
  • And my biggest happines would be when people would listen my Music and feel throw Music the deepest feelings I put there.
  • You are not alone! My Music with you
  • Your Mary Angel

Hey and thank you everyone for participating!

We're so so happy to have so many amazing submissions to the thread 🌟

We'll be closing submissions for this month and we'll post the top songs the music team has chosen up for voting by the Community users soon! I'll update the thread when we have the post out 

If you didn't get the chance to participate this month, don't worry - this is a recurring project and we'll open a new one soon!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, coming to you with news about the chosen top 3 artists - you can find them here!

With this we also wanted to take the time and thank everyone who participated in the thread with their songs! Choosing a top 3 was quite the difficult process with so many worthy submissions. Keep up the amazing work, folks!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts