Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Looking for feedback on my debut album! Sexy R&B/Dance vibes was the inspo

Looking for feedback on my debut album! Sexy R&B/Dance vibes was the inspo

Hey! Im part of a producer duo "KINGZMN". We just released our debut album and would love to hear the communities feedback and thoughts behind it. We're new here and would love to connect with you guys! Let me know what you think 😄

https://open.spotify.com/album/7c3nbGqAKhouDPuZ1fpduV?si=HNp3CxbgRFSwql7pZSVcQg

2 Replies

Wow. Somehow, I did not expect to vibe so hard with an album I heard about on Discovery & Promo and decided to listen to randomly, but I absolutely do! 

As a producer duo, obviously feedback on the production sound of the album will be important for you, and so I'll say honestly that it's fantastic. I've listened to a lot of R&B and I really appreciate the production sound of the genre in general, and the production on this album immediately brought to mind several of my favorite tracks by people I consider to be amazing producers. You guys definitely have that covered! 

One thing about the sound of this album that I notice and really appreciate is that the production has an impact on each track without being overbearing, and if I want to focus on the lyrics rather than the production while listening to any track, I can do so without becoming bored. While I've heard lots of songs that have great production and lyrics, there are also cases sometimes where one or the other is overbearing, making it so I can't focus on different elements of the song, but the lyrics and production on this album fit together very well, and I definitely see the sexy R&B/dance inspiration on this album. Most of what I listen to generally fits into the R&B category, but I'm also a Weeknd fan and I was reminded of some of my favorite dance jams from him while listening to this album.

It looks like so far, Maria, Second Guessing, and Want You Tonight are getting the most attention, but I'd like to say I personally enjoy Destiny, Gave You My Heart, and Persona the most, and those tracks in particular deserve more love. I'd love to discuss each of the tracks in more depth when I've listened to the album a couple more times, but I was struck by this and really wanted to share my first thoughts. I hope they've been somewhat helpful!

I was surprised at how well this album fits into what I vibe with generally, and it's definitely one of my favorite albums I've heard. This is a fantastic debut album and I'll be listening to it a lot. Great job, KINGZMN, and I will keep an eye out for your future releases! 

Wow!! Thanks so much for the words and feedback. This left us speechless. Glad you enjoyed this album, it's so cool seeing which tracks were your favourites! We definitely drew a lot of inspiration from artists like The Weeknd, Majid Jordan and some other artists but also wanted to stay true to our own sound. I'd love to discuss more once you've listened to it a couple more times, thanks again for the feedback on this project! 

Much Love!!

Suggested posts