Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify freaks out when exchanging soundcards

Spotify freaks out when exchanging soundcards

Unfortunatelly i can't describe bug over GitHub (i spend more time on GitHub rather than checking emails :cof: )

But here we go... 

I'm a premium user of Spotify service, and it totally worthed, inspite i have some problems since a long ago.

I could start by incompabilities with my Parrot Zik vs Spotify Desktop Mac OS version.

I'm a developer, and I hope you be also, in fact, that would make it easier for you to understand my frustation.

One year ago I've researched about Parrot Zik gestures incompability with Spotify and found an enormous issue about that regarding not only Parrot Zik product but also all Bluetooth headsets control function.

Happens that the community had to sort out a way to solve that, and inspite that its incredible, on the other hand is aweful for Spotify corp and product.

I got over it and arranged another solution since it wasn't an official support.

I like to keep my working apps always opened so i can start being productive whenever i open my computer, spotify is one of them, but since some Spotify updates ago, I have a problem that occurs whenever I connect my Parrot Zik into my Mac over Bluetooth.

I didn't reported earlier just because i tought someone would report and you would fix it just right away, BUT it didn't happened and its driving me crazy.

Just for PoC proposes I've also tested with another MacBook which was fresh installed (testing if could be a specific reason) and with a nokia bluetooth headset.

Description

Spotify stops playing audio but keeps into a playing state, counting seconds and so on.

It doesn't play either if i try to pause and play, exchange track, and so on.

Solution is re-opening app.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Spotify was playing some music

2. Connected a bluetooth headset

3. Spotify keeps its playing state but stops throwing audio to interface

4. Tryed to play another track without success

5. Tryed to change current interface but nothing changes

What I expected to happen

Expected to keep playing as it does when disconnecting headset.

What actually happened

It stops playing audio, but keeps at a playing state.

My Operating System

10.10.3 (14D131)

My Spotify version

1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe

My internet provider and country

Portugal, you don't need my internet provider

My username

( Couldn't you gather that internally? 😕 )

0 Replies

Suggested posts