Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Hondejong

That spotify hasnt implemented this on adroid yet, even after FIVE F*IN years does damage my image of the company. Feels to me they don't care about user experience but just about money.

x1elia

Still waiting for this feature...

A real informative statement would be nice. If there is something that prevents you to implement it for alltime, then tell us! At least give us information why u could not implement these "small" feature in the last 5 years..

If it will never be implemented, then tell us also! An explanation would be nice..

Switching to Apple is no solution for me.

Thank you.

1995matthewb

Another request ignored by the Spotify mobile dev teams, who are more interested in removing useful features than adding new ones. The fact that iOS has this simple feature and Android doesn't is laughable.

Perkula

Dear Spotify, this is a very important feature even though it might be seen as a very simple one. The effectivity boost this would add is enormous. I hate when I'm out running and listening to music and I have to go around and press the three dots then look for the add to queue option, all this whilst standing still. Please. I'm almost attracted to switching to your competitor's app. Thank you.

decently

It's 2021 now... anytime now spotify, how many votes does it take???

jesusmpozo

We should make a twitter account for this, a daily post every day tagging spotify... 

Jonas51

@jesusmpozo good Idea, tell me the Username, we're gonna make it big. 

Sami8

Has there been any updates to the swipe to queue for Android / Samsung? As it has been over 2 years since a response

Sami8

It's a feature that iOS has had for the longest time now, and also a feature that has been put on "not right now" for over 2 years, so I'm starting a new chain to get it back to relevant requests as this is a simple but massively efficient feature that android is missing out on.

Pressing the 3 dots then finding add to queue and not pressing any other option is a long and fiddly method to what could be so simple. It's been in demand for around 5 years now so hopefully time to solve.

Thanks for listening, please respond soon with results!

turbopenguin13

@Sami8 Nope, in fact, they made it even harder. You used to be able to hold down on a song to open the menu and add it to the queue. Now all that holding down does is make ur phone buzz. So yeah now the f*cking only way to add
stuff to the queue is by pressing the three dots on every song and tapping add to queue. But like wth is this habit of Spotify's of getting rid of
useful features that people want and replacing them with with some f*cking bullsh*t, or not even replacing them. It used to be that you could view the lyrics for a song in the app while you listened to the song, now its just Behind the Lyrics, where they only show PART of the lyrics and then a bunch of other stuff that you may or may not care about. I swear this company is infuriating, also be careful to use spotify in offline mode, because if it receives even the slightest amount of phone signal, IT WILL

TRY AND F*CKING STREAM ALL YOUR DOWNLOADED MUSIC. I HAVE LITERALLY NOT BEEN ABLE TO LISTEN TO MY DOWNLOADED MUSIC BECAUSE ITS TRYING TO STREAM THE DOWNLOADED SONGS F*CKING ASS PHONE SIGNAL, F*CKING YOU SPOTIFY. Also downloading the songs in an album and downloading the album in spotify are

apparently two different things, cuz if you're offline, you can't listen to albums that you haven't downloaded, even if all the songs in the album have been downloaded. Oh, and now they're making f*cking a separate app for
radio stations? Like just make the original spotify better, i don't wanna download three different apps for the functionality that the first one should have, like wth. SO PLEASE, WE NEED TO F*CKING BOYCOTT THIS GOD AWFUL JOKE OF A COMPANY