Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
Jicam38
When I set up my Spotify account I did not use Facebook (I don’t have a Facebook account). I entered my preferred Username but when Spotify confirmed the account, they ignored my chosen Username and instead assigned their own ridiculous combination of characters.
tidyrats

It's 2019 and we *still* cannot change a simple username.  This has been done since the old BBS days around the late 1980s.

What a shame.

cdcooksey

How many years do people need to ask for this before Spotify does literally anything about it?!

asciiM0

You better ask: How many years does the eternity have?

And if you wanna know, how many votes are necessary: Definitely more than the number of songs spotify allows to save on your smartphone!

sorayafaez

when are users allowed to change their usernames??? I REALLY NEED TO CHANGE IT BECAUSE ITS URGENT. PEOPLE CANNOT SEE THE USERNAME I MADE IN 6TH GRADE

Atreides52

it is bee cool if we pick username / nickname like all other programs not numbers. i hope  you guys add that system soon

This_Charming31

Hi can you bring back sound drop 

Jᴀᴄᴋ

This is a great idea.

Jᴀᴄᴋ

Maybe like once a year?

cohendylan1

As a long-time software developer, I can also attest this would be easy.  The underlying user identification is usually a unique number, which does not change, and the displayed name linked to it can be changed to anything.  The amount of software that would need to be written to do this is trivial, all at the display level. 

I cannot understand why Spotify would ignore such a widely desired feature, when it would be so easy to provide.  Shame on you Spotify!