Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
AryanJumani

Tried to change the display name on mobile, didnt work. Anyone knows why?

vaszoly

ah yes, it says this is implemented, but the newest post says that theres no way to change your username. thanks for straight up lying.

YuriiIp

Screenshot_20201120-083734.png

Atreides52

still can't change my profile name ???

RiriHudson

My use name is my old last name which is my fathers please i need to be able to change this properly, this makes me supre uncomfortable.

riverrunswyld

Why can't I change my username?

I've changed my name recently and would like my Spotify account to reflect this.

I can't be the only one who has changed their name and would like this simple freedom to be enabled. Please allow us to change our names. Some people have been allocated a number which makes them incredibly hard to find. 

sweetdolsa

I can change if i'm a female o male but i can't change my username. Ridiculous. I have spotify since i don't know when i have a name that i don't want now. It's my deadname.

moesphemy
Spotify won‘t change this because they are afraid to lose track of your data
Esteban_Juárez
Thanks anyway, I already changed to apple music
riverrunswyld
Me too. I think changing a username is a pretty simple thing to be able to
do. All my other subscriptions allow it. Why not Spotify?