Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Synced History across all Devices

Create a "unified play history" that consolidates history from phone, tablet, laptop, etc., so that you have a real history of your listening on Spotify.

This was previously suggested and did not receive enough "kudos" and was recently made an "inactive idea". But I'm surprised it isn't already a standard feature. 

Updated on 2021-07-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that the icon_recently_played.png Recently played destination on mobile now reflects your listening history across all devices. There's more info here.

Right now, it’s available only on Android and iOS, but we’ll check back here with an update, should this change in the future.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
HayYoCrazyEyez

Over a year, plus several other members suggesting the same idea but phrased differently and still no solid response to see if this will happen. This would be such a geat feature (and a god send) to have for any device, let alone cross platform, please add this feature (థ  థ) 。     I've lost countless songs that not even partial lyrics can help me find again 。゚(*´□`)゚。

coronelselector

Please, go ahead with this idea. I just linked my spotify account to my last.fm account so I can track now what I will listed, but I cannot see what I listened before. Anyway, it would be much better for Spotify to have its own listening history. 

harald_k

I'm pretty sure that Spotify is obliged to give you any information it stores on you under EU data protection laws. It certainly is under Norwegian law and Swedish law (Personuppgiftslagen §26), so if I wrote a letter you'd be obliged to provide me with the data within 30 days.

If it languises in this never-read suggestions box for much longer, I might just do that.

Tone5

It would be koo if you can listen to your spotify on two devices at the same time 

Lulo

@Tone5 thats not what's being requested on this thread, I suggest you to open a new idea so it has proper attention (if Spotify gives any).

What we are asking here is as simple as getting the same playing history in two different devices. So basic its embarrasing we premium users have this thread opened since a year and a half and still have no responses from Spotify. This is really dissapointing and shows poor customer service.

Pflanders

Why Is listening history not available!?!? Web browsers have had browsing history since before 1990. 

urbinsky

2017 now...

mlumala

yes, please do. I just listened to a song on my phone and was really enjoying it. However before I could save or add it to my songs, the song ended. Because it was a classical/instrumental piece I didn't realize it was going to end. It's really frustrating when this happens, and the history feature of Pandora is frankly the only reason I continue to use it. Please please please make a history feature available. For at least a few songs, thank you.

salmonchainsaw

Please fix this issue. It just makes sense to have one listening history for one user on all devices.

On that note all the good spotify users in this thread, please can you go to this thread(below) regarding the silly functionality of the saved albums section on spotify and up vote it so that the moderators may take notice. I will put the same question to the people of that thread asking them to come here and up vote this. Working together maybe we can make spotify take notice and fix these silly issues...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Add-amp-Remove-content-separately-artist-albu...

JonnyP

Seems to me like...

... you guys aren't really developing Spotify much, or this would be a done deal. Right?