Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Noah40

I've asked Spotify for this feature for years with no success. Honestly can't understand what the hold up is. It's not like it would even take that long and it would satisfy a lot of people with little to no effort from Spotify.

maxdavidse

Any updates? No?

JoachimEN

Please add now! It would really improve the experience! It shouldn't even be such a difficult thing to add, as it is already a feature on iOS.

Liveshort

It remains a mystery to me why this feature has not yet been implemented. For all the graphic overhauls we've seen in the past, this functionality would be a larger upgrade than all of those combined. It is by far the functionality you use most often in any music app: quickly compile a list you want to listen to right now. Unbelievable this has been in iOS for years, and still somehow finds itself below far less important idea's on this forum. There is no technical reason this cannot be implemented, other Android apps (mail etc) have had this exact functionality for some time now.

Spotify: please fix.

coryhansen

Please add this feature. Why is it so hard?

NickyPeesHere

This is my biggest complaint with Spotify. It's so easy to add, but for whatever reason they won't do it. Never fails to **bleep** me off 

Serialkvetcher

Nah, this would make too much sense. Thanks for keeping android in the "not right now" backburner, Spotify.

stoichik

Please Spotify, I have been hoping for these feature for years now. Seriously considering switching to a more user-friendly android app.

jduk786

We should have parity with iOS features. Including this.

NotMyAge2020

Here is some discussion on it on Reddit: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/f7y1e3/i_had_recently_migrated_from_iphone_to_android/

Seems to be universally desired!