Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
jland

Jesus christ, just get it done already! I am this close to ditch this service because of this

yahuwah

this equalizer should be much more complicated than the one on the phone deffinately

happyhendersons
Would you please clarify what you mean by this?

This must be implemented ASAP.

I also installed itunes to listen to my music with equaliser.

I do prefer Spotify to iTunes but if the equaliser is not implemented on the desktop I surely will change.

I really don't understand why Spotify insists in not providing an equaliser on the Desktop

danadams1990

Agree with all here

zupko

As Ive stated before: an Equalizer on the Desktop Version of Spotify is an obvious choice. It only seems that this is a bad policy to maintain.  It seems to be a ploy to FORCE consumers onto business preferred platforms. Unless this is rectified a CONSUMER RESPONSE might be necessary. Primarily: a MASS EXODUS of all users of Spotify. Maybe Spotify might listen to their Bottom Line if this comment page, and others like it, are continued to be ignored.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Customer

Rabsplace

While it's sad there is no Equalizer in Spotify (even if it's marked as "Not now") there is one thing that is even sader.

Whilst writing this we are at page 11 with comments on the same topic and there is only ONE comment from Spotify in the thread.

The first one ! And then silence...!

This is not customer service. If you state "Keep an eye here for any updates, thanks!" we, the customers, expect to see some kind of update, even if it's just " Sorry folks, but the other <insert project name> were focusing on at the moment..."

That way we the customers might get the feeling some thought and effort is actually going into solving what we, the customers belives and feel is a problem.

Please Spotify, atleast give us a sign telling us youre still alive!

I am a premium Spotify user. I serously can't believe you don't have EQ on desktop. 

I have my denon amplifier set with my dali zensor's but i can not tune music.

Wow Spotify Really?? Sorry for this but this is plain retarded. EQ is on every FREE music software

yet you don't put it in your software.

WOW

grokitach

Just use Equalizer APO to equalize EVERY SOUND of a given Audio Output Device. The new version even comes with a graphic equalizer for those that hate editing text files.

billtheitgeek

Yeah, no response here tells me "we don't give a crap about what our users want"

Time to make the Apple Music switch.