Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Pop-Up Suggestions

I have all notifications turned off on my iPhone through Spotify settings, but I've been noticing increasing pop-ups telling me to check out these random new features or playlists or artists that I couldn't care less about if I tried.  HOW do I get rid of this? Pop ups once a day was irritating, but now they are occurring 3-5 times a day and I have HAD IT. HAD ITTT.

Updated on 2023-06-12

Hey, you all!
Just jumping in here to say that you can now choose not to get the pop-up recommendations anymore. It's straightforward to deactivate the feature, by just following these steps:

Step 1: When the pop-up recommendation appears on your screen, tap on the What's this button.

Screenshot_20230204_002121_Spotify.jpg 

Step 2: On the next screen, you just need to choose between don't get new recommendations from that specific artist or completely stopping to get the pop-ups definitely. 

Screenshot_20230204_002308_Spotify.jpg

Once you choose to stop getting the pop-up updates, there is no way to revert this action, so think carefully before doing this, ok? 🙂

Last, but not least, thanks for suggesting this one, and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need help with anything...

Regards,

Luan

Comments
Faranae

Yeah, tossing my voice in on this one. I'm paying to remove advertisements. Stop serving me advertisements. 

smolo

Please remove these pop up advertisements!

These are advertisements, plain and simple. 

We pay for Premium to not have advertisements.

I get it that Spotify thinks they can just redefine these as something else and still claim that they are keeping up their side of the agreement but that is a garbage response. 
Spotify stop defrauding your best paying customers just for a few extra pennies.
smolo

What are the accessibility controls for these advertisements?

Do you realize that people with accessibility issues may find the pop-up's not just annoying and unhelpful, but actively problematic. They prevent any further use of the app unless you acknowledge them first. Many people with issues accessing technology find sudden and unexpected UI changes to be impossible to navigate. Please think about these things Spotify.

Teranas

This is just one of the many changes made in recent history that drive me further and further away from the app. I’ve been among the 100.000 Minutes per year listeners for years, but the suggestions and joy of use of both the desktop AND the iPhone app have become worse and worse. Suggestions have become more and more commercial, more and more Spotify exclusives, less good third-Party content and now these advertisement popups all the time… The pressure of making profit is just to high I guess.

ryzen_inscribed

I agree with everyone here. As a 6-year Premium user myself, getting pop-ups for features, songs, and playlists I (and we as a community) don't necessarily follow or care about is irritating, and in most cases, is in a form that is on-par with advertising. If these little notifications were just put into the already-existent notification button in the iOS app, for example, it would be much less intrusive.

dstackmasta27

I've had a premium account for somewhere around a decade. I'll not tolerate this being forced on me every time I launch the app. Sponsored items belong opt-in, once a day (maybe), or for free members. If this doesn't change soon I'll be switching streaming providers -- plenty of competition in the market now. Please stop the user hostile behavior Spotify.

Listener1073101

I do not need Spotify Duo. Unless you’re going to help with creating a family and friends for me, please accept my inaction as a response.  Two days in a row?  

cHuff009

This is so incredibly frustrating. I pay for  Spotify Premium, so I don't want to see full-screen popups trying to sell me. . . . wait for it. . . .  Spotify Premium. Seriously, who does this? Actually, I don't want to see anything unless I specifically opt-in. This includes pop-ups for artists/songs/concerts/cruises/time-shares/helping some Nigerian prince in crisis.....I don't want to be bothered. I pay you to provide me with music. That's it.  I also have YouTube Music Premium and even Google doesn't do this to me, so Spotify is actually worse with the ads then the company whose entire existence is based on pushing ads in front of people.  The entire point of me giving you $13/month is that I don't want your ads and, if I'm being honest, I don't really want to hear from you at all (I especially don't want to hear from you via a pop-up that takes up my entire screen).  It's getting worse, too.  More frequent and more obnoxious. Please, Spotify, please stop.  

MasterShake1441

I'm sick of getting pop-ups related to Spotify Connect. Every single time I launch Spotify on any device (I'm not kidding when I say literally every single time), I get a blue pop-up telling me to try Spotify Connect in some capacity. Often times, this pop-up covers part of the interface that I'm trying to interact with, and I simply have to sit and wait for it time out (about 5 seconds) since I can find no way to disable or dismiss it. I use Spotify Connect multiple times a day, you do not need to remind me it exists every single time I use your product.

NoMorePopups

I'm already paying for premium. I'm not going to sign up for MORE things to pay your for. I don't want your fullscreen popups about the Family plan. The dismiss button being outside of the popup is ridiculous and an obvious ploy to keep people on the notification for just a few seconds longer.

GET RID OF THE POPUPS OR PUT THE CLOSE BUTTON IN THE POPUP