Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Video on Apple TV

With Video coming to Spotify, it feels like a real missed opportunity that there is no video on the Spotify Apple TV app. I would love to be able to watch podcasts or shows on Spotify on my Apple TV. I assume this is already in the works, but if it's not it should be. If it is, when will we see it?

Updated on 2021-04-09

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that podcast video is now available on Apple TV. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Happy listening and watching!

Comments
Therealnader

I found another DIY solution for this . Apple has a lighting to hdmi and light dongle thing . I plugged in the lighting cable to the wall for charging and the hdmi into any tv or monitor with a hdmi port . Another thing that works like a charm for the iOS eco system . I’m sure Android and google devices have similar work arounds . I hope everyone reads my diy work arounds . It allows you to watch it on your bigger screen TVs . Dont get upset , get around it ! 

Jonvongeronimo

Joe Rogan promised nothing was going to change in how his audience consumed his show, except it would now be on the Spotify app. But he left out the fact that Spotify SUCKS, and that you can only watch video on the mobile app. A large portion of the JRE audience watched episodes on their TVs on YouTube, and now the only option is to watch on your phone. Why would any of us spend a dime on a Spotify subscription now when you made the experience WORSE?! Spotify sucks. Make video available on tv, including the Apple TV app. 

dyl5078

Absolutely RIDICULOUS we have to "vote" for this. Figure it out Spotify, it's almost 2021. 

spowspow

Yes this is seriously needed. Especially with the Joe Rogan Experience podcast moving to Spotify. 

I watch every episode of that podcast on video... on my Apple TV via YouTube. Now that its a Spotify exclusive, you are missing out on i'm sure millions of views for those of us that religiously watch the podcast on our TVs using Apple TV. 

I'm surprised this is just labeled as a "suggestion" or improvement. It should be a critical update needed for viewers. That would be like YouTube having audio only available on the AppleTV. That would be a huge failure to say the least. 

Paul775

Fix the video is she on Apple TV for JRE listeners, it’s not that hard! Also that iOS app it’s very unpleasant to use I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max I should have no issue!

E30JEEPEE

NEED TO FIX ASAP !!!!!

ideasite

Holy **bleep**!  You actually need to count "votes" for this??  Toilet paper manufacturers didn't have to hold a vote for perforations! Bakers didn't have to vote for slicing loaves. There are some ideas so obvious that revealing to the public that you need to go through a focus group, or hold a vote only reveals how damn dumb you are.

karimalive

I have the same issue here with my Apple TV, I can't believe Spotify paid Joe Rogan 100 Million $ to make his show exclusive to them but no one on earth can play his show on their TV's (I can't believe I have to waste my time and complain about this here!) 🤯

codester09

Why is this not possible?  I would always watch Rogan on my TV and now I simply cannot, through the Spotify app on my Apple TV or through Airplay.. you’ve had months to add this simple feature.  Please have someone look into this!

TMK1990

Seriously mind blown that we’re still unable to watch the most famous podcast in history on a TV screen. Some of us have been watching JRE for many years. We didn’t even have to pay YT a dime. And yet I’ve had a Spotify subscription since 2012.  Then, after the $1k+ you’ve collected from me, you make some big deal, take a fat cut of the profits, and so carelessly return to us HALF the product we’ve come to expect. What’s the point of allowing us to watch it on a cell phone but not a TV? So some people now have to pay for a product they’ve received for free for years.. but are forced to watch on a tiny screen? Y’all see how backwards  that is? Spotify, you played yourself.