[Desktop] Compile Spotify for ARM64 windows

Now that windows on arm devices are out in the wild I'd like to see a Spotify windows app compiled for ARM64. This would drastically increase battery life for these devices and Microsoft let's you port exisitng code to arm64 as well. 

You could also take advantage of other features such as LTE connectivity and instant on for these devices.

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Psyclopps

I completely agree. I take my c630 Yoga everywhere with me. It actually performs really well in most x86 apps with the exception of Spotify. From what I have read, Microsoft has made ARM32 and ARM64 porting much easier and Spotify would have the monopoly on this if done as iTunes and Amazon Music both have not ported over either. 

ARM64 performance appears to be outstanding and with the upcoming Qualcomm 8CX coming and expecting to be comparable to i5 Processors, I would imagine WoS will be more widely adopted going forward... why not get the jump and be the first music app to fully support it? 

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here