Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Frank Zappa

Re: Frank Zappa

Community Legend

What we need is for the record labels to do a better job, instead of, as it appears right now, employing a bunch of unpaid interns to handle their meta-data.

Regular

It looks like the Zappa albums are only available outside the US. Any ETA when we will have them in the US?

Spotify Legend

@mahlerfan wrote:

It looks like the Zappa albums are only available outside the US. Any ETA when we will have them in the US?

Hmm - As far as I am aware, the Universal Music is handling the worldwide distribution of the catalog back in the hands of the Zappa Family Trust. But sadly, I have no information as to why it's not available in the US for you at the moment - The decision may be with Universal on that one. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Regular

are you sure about that? the Zappa catalougue came to the uk on Monday, but the USA one was avaialable from a week before, i know friends who have been listening to zappa on spotify in the USA for over a week.... 

sometimes it takes time to roll out, it may not show when you search Frank Zappa but if you search indivudual tittes they may come up, thats what happened to me... 

if you do find it i have made a one song per album playlist, check it out..

@David wrote:

@mahlerfan wrote:

Hmm - As far as I am aware, the Universal Music is handling the worldwide distribution of the catalog back in the hands of the Zappa Family Trust. But sadly, I have no information as to why it's not available in the US for you at the moment - The decision may be with Universal on that one. 

Spotify Legend

Are the tracks greyed out for you? How about this playlist?

Airhorn Enthusiast

Regular

I only see 7 songs and they are just orchestral covers of his songs, not the originals. 

Roadie

USA streaming services are due to get Frank Zappa's back catalog in Mid October apperently

Community Legend

Interesting to note that there is no article on the US version of Spotify's blog about the release of Zappa's back catalogue. While there is an article on both the UK and Swedish versions (maybe others too, couldn't be bothered to check them all).

This is excellent news.

Probably saved my Spotify subscription.

Spotify just need to sort out the ever increasing connection issues of late.

Spotify Legend

@gubby wrote:

This is excellent news.

Probably saved my Spotify subscription.

Spotify just need to sort out the ever increasing connection issues of late.

What sort of connection issues are you running into, Gubby? 

Airhorn Enthusiast
SUGGESTED POSTS