Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recommend a band with fewer than 500 followers

Recommend a band with fewer than 500 followers

Spotify has a lot of amazing, undiscovered artists. Some of them just need a push into the spotlight. 

So in this thread you can recommend your favorite artists with less than 500 followers. 

To insert a Spotify Play Button just: 

1. Pick a track from the artist/ band. 

2. Right click and select Copy Embed Code.

3. Paste it in the HTML tab on your community post. 

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Psyence Fiction (34 followers). Recommended to me by @Jamie 

UPDATE: Don't feel like digging through the whole thread for new tunes? Here's a handy playlist for you.  Hit shuffle and enjoy:

spotify:user:spotifycommunity:playlist:2jB5MPH3QzCPJnab9ASu6s

1,362 Replies

hello !

Achilles & the tortoise

In this debut album, “Home”, Achilles and the Tortoise explores the folk landscape of adventure and searching. Within this album, a whole host of traditional folk instruments can be found

7  followers

Hello !!

Southeast Engine is an indie-folk-rock band from Athens, Ohio

Founding members Adam Remnant (lead vocals, guitar) and Leo DeLuca (drum kit, percussion) grew up in Dayton, Ohio and attended the same high school during the 1990s. During this time, underground bands like Guided By Voices, Brainiac, and Swearing at Motorists made significant and long-standing impressions upon the two. Around 2000, the pair moved to Athens, Ohio and were equally inspired by the Appalachian old-timey and folk music of the area. As a hybridization of the Dayton musical underground and the Athens folk scene, Southeast Engine was formed in 2000. Soon after formation, Michael Lachman (keyboards) joined and the current lineup now also includes Jesse Remnant (Adam's younger brother) on bass guitar. ( Wikipedia )

382 Followers

Hello !

Dale started The Sleeping Years by releasing a trilogy of home recorded EPs, ‘You and Me Against The World’, ‘Setting fire to sleepy towns’ and ‘Clocks and clones’ throughout 2007. The EPs were limited to numbers ranging from 500–750 copies and were packaged in handmade sleeves created by the young design company Pika Pika.

Upon their release the EPs garnered critical acclaim, featuring on BBC Radio 1’s Introducing, the Guardian’s writer’s play list and on the cover mount of" Rolling stone " and "Word magazine". Songs were also heavily played on Gideon Coe's 6music show, Stuart bailie's BBC Radio show, and on French radio, having been championed by Bernard lenoir. ( Wikipedia )

66 Followers

Clip Youtube : Dressed for rain

Hello!

A baroque chamber pop band pitched somewhere between the elegant tweeness of Belle & Sebastian and the rustic neo-psychedelia of Mercury Rev, Pseudosix makes a virtue of variety ( Allmusic )

32 followers

there is a band from Madeira Island called The Leech. They are awesome. Check them out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bnFzbIDPoE

Hello !!

Amazing Space Transmission #108

Mike Elliott's lost and found B-Sides recorded between 1996 and 2011

8  followers ( What a shame !!! )

These guys are pretty great. Only 334 followers too: 

Hello !

Jack Hayter is a British musician. He is best known as a multi instrumentalist with Hefner, but is also an acclaimed Folk singer-songwriter in his own right. Hayter also played withalt-country band Spongefinger and folktronia band Dollboy. Hayter is also frequently used as a session pedal steel guitar player in the London alternative scene. ( Wikipedia )

18 followers

hello !

Through The Sparks is a Birmingham Alabama-based psychedelic/folk rock band formed in 2003. The band received critical success following the release of their first full length LP, Lazarus Beach, in 2007. Their sound is often characterized by lush instrumentation and precise arrangements.The band utilizes both traditional instruments and a variety of electric pianos, guitars, organs, eccentric percussion, horns and synthesizers. ( Wikipedia )

60 followers

Hi

Some of my choices.

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:track:00h28KayWTgaPisdg5150e" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:track:23R5W8B2A4bCPXkMmizh3g" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Prairie Cartel

Followers: 39

Most plays on one song: 17,976

Last Album on Spotify: 2009

I think this is a great idea! and thank you @Meredith for collecting it into a playlist!

I'm always seeking out the overlooked and the obscure 🙂

My Spotify Profile: 129595950

Followers:80

Followers:2

Followers: 34

Followers:62

Followers: 314

Followers: 62

Followers: 245

Followers 302

Followers: 56

Followers: 213

Followers: 206

hello !!

128 followers ?

Duquette Johnston

65 followers ?

Milton Mapes

481 followers: 

Mexican Rap.. Just 95 followers, What do you think? 

I have a thing for crazy music, follow me to listen to check out my playlists..

If you like the post, please give KUDOS.
If i help you with something, accept as a solution, will be awesome..

Feel free to send a friend request, music network is infinite...

Another Excellent Mexican Band, just 48 Followers... Tell me what you guys think... Liked it?

I have a thing for crazy music, follow me to listen to check out my playlists..

If you like the post, please give KUDOS.
If i help you with something, accept as a solution, will be awesome..

Feel free to send a friend request, music network is infinite...

Hello !

Boy with a Fish, Based in Ithaca, New York specialize in a moody blend of folk-rock and Americana that conjures up images of collapsed barns along the highways of the rural north. ( Allmusic )

(15 Followers )

Suggested posts