Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best albums of 2015

Best albums of 2015

We've wrapped up the Albums of 2014 thread with the full 2014 playlist here.

Now you can start sharing the albums you recommend from 2015 with the Spotify Community below. We recommend posting a Spotify Play Button following these steps:

1. Right click on the desired song/ playlist. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'.

2. Go to your Community post. 

3. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.51.27 AM.png

4. Paste URI.

5. Click Post. 

And remember to give kudos to the albums you also agree belong on the "best of 2015" list. 

I'll get us started with my current favorite for 2015: Panda Bear's new album "Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper".

Want to share your favorite songs of 2015? Join this thread here. 

417 Replies

Artist: Heidevolk

Release: Velua

spotify:album:0F5c3rnrfsBzFrOwWywiMV

Artist: Hinder

Release: When The Smoke Clears

spotify:album:0Hyl6bhLqtLtt5WsAHdbaD

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned this release by Kamelot, thought I would go ahead and make a player button for it anyway.

Artist: Kamelot

Release: Haven

spotify:album:5G8l1Nw1IjazIvCQQ4quh1

Artist: Marduk

Release: Frontschwein

spotify:album:26yU62FH8o1mLYcgpLQ23D

@EdwardJames

Said: "Jay, incredible picks! Nothing more to say, just needed to back up all those choices haha!"

Thanks, I have somewhat forgotton just how much new stuff I have already listened to already and added to my artist playlists, and half the year still remains yet. Smiley Wink

Artist: Melechesh

Release: Enki

spotify:album:5eNneimZmmi2YG9UACzhsz

Artist: Melvins

Release: Hold It In

spotify:album:6IJDjd1a2rIxKd0is4xIco

Artist: Ministry

Release: Trax! Box - Note this and some and various versions of these trax have been released before, this is just everything from side projects included all together in a complete set from various releases over the years by Al Jourgensen.

spotify:album:2hfFKjFfTDgL0Iv41keqBO

Artist: Michael Schenker's Temple Of Rock

Release: Spirit On A Mission

spotify:album:3rQVVAH2smpztzxt1uGBPP

Artist: Raven - The NWOBHM Raven, not the other artists copting to their name mixed in all together on the same profile page which is a complete mess.

Release: ExtermiNation

spotify:album:797BQulmSbQQyv4LODuyd2

Artist: Six Feet Under

Release: Crypt Of The Devil

spotify:album:0gNvaOXYOtx0mZRphjAlrq

Artist: Soilwork

Release: Live In Helsinki

spotify:album:4KjNBJvwrtdgtdZ35i5j5X

Artist: Stormwitch

Release: Season Of The Witch

spotify:album:7cD0JmfE70EGuQJQLKgFyv

Hello !

Mewithoutyou - Pale Horses ( 2015- Big Scary Monsters )

MewithoutYou, stylized as mewithoutYou, is an American band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The band consists of vocalist Aaron Weiss, guitarists Michael Weiss and Brandon Beaver, bassist Greg Jehanian and drummer Rickie Mazzotta. The band's music is generally dominated by spoken-word vocals and free-ranging drums, bass, and guitar. Occasionally the band has been known to play under the name "Thief, Steal Me a Peach", a reference to Sunny Day Real Estate's 1993 release of the same name. This moniker is generally used for smaller, secret shows in their home town of Philadelphia. ( Wikipedia )

""

Other Best Albums 2015 submitted since January

Hello !

Nick Diamonds - City Of Quartz ( 2015. Manque Music )

Nicholas Thorburn (born 27 November 1981) is a Canadian musician originally from Campbell River. He has fronted numerous bands such as The Unicorns, Th' Corn Gangg, Islands, Reefer, and Human Highway. Thorburn occasionally goes by the stage name "Nick Diamonds".

""

Hello !

Heartless Bastards - Restless Ones ( 2015. Partisan records )

Heartless Bastards an American garage rock band formed in Cincinnati, Ohio in 2003. They are often compared to fellow Ohioans The Black Keys. The band have so far released five albums. ( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Gengahr - A dream outside ( 2015.Transgressive Records )

Gengahr is an indie-four group members from London signed to Transgressive Records. Their single, "Powder / bathed in light AA-side debut was released in October 2014. The group is Felix Bushe (vocals / guitar), John Victor (guitar), Hugh Schulte (bass) and Danny Ward (drums).

""

Hello !

Part Time - Virgo's Maze ( 2015. Burger Records )

San Francisco-based David Loca, aka Part Time, is gearing up for the release of his 20-song double-LP Virgo’s Maze. The collection of songs spans the past five years, during which time Speck recorded in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and El Paso. Each track is whimsical and full of ’80s nostalgia in the best possible sense of the word. There are chiming synths and reverberating, fuzzy chords; it feels a little bit like you’re listening to the soundtrack from some forgotten John Hughes film. Not only is Speck’s sound nostalgic, but his recording methods, too: He used a tape machine, reel-to-reel, and USB mixer to record the album. It’s laid back and dreamy, perfect for wasting away in the hot California sun.( http://www.stereogum.com )

""

Hello !

Kuroma - Kuromarama - 2015. Votiv Music )

Born of the tectonics of 2012, thee current incarnation of Kuroma is set to release the band's new LP, Kuromarama in early 2015. Recorded between the band's hometowns of Brooklyn, NY and Athens, GA, the sound of Kuromarama most closely resembles that of an artisanal prescription spectrum of liquified jollyrancher, each flavor – each color – imbued with a solace wrung from the depths of a salty ocean trench. ( http://www.musicdirect.com )

""

Suggested posts