Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening party (yet again)

Listening party (yet again)

Hello peepz. I obtained Premium recently, so I was questioning, maybe this Xmas we could do something all together, just to make sure we all do something together. There was already a person here that suggested something similar to this, but there is a difference between the idea of that person and my idea which is Genres. Unlike the respective person I do NOT filter people's choices per Genre, so, a Spotify Party it is indeed something I would like to have but, I would pretty much prefer if we share all types of music, no matter what the genre is.

What do you think? 🙂

3 Replies

Hey, Nitros

I  figured that you were referring to me, and if you are, I just want to clear something up. I don't filter people's choices. I host listening parties of genres that I like, because it would make no sense to have listening parties for genres that I don't like. In my idea, I also welcome others to have their own listening parties, because not everyone likes the same types of music.

Also, if you plan to do this, you would be wise to have people that join the listening party also join a chat, so there is communication on how it will go, and for other things, like letting people know that you need to pause, for example, so they know that it was done intentionally, and so they don't press "Play".

Follow me

Sounds like a great idea, @Nitros!

One thing you might consider trying is to set a date and time for your listening party and to lay down the format and some basic rules. That way, users could see at a glance whether i) they can make that day/time and ii) if the format suits them.

The difference in this approach (versus asking users more generally if they're up for a listening party) is that people can make a quick yes/no decision and put it in their calendars (versus having to come back into the thread to iron out details).

Just adding this here as an alternative way of doing things 😉

Hi Peter. Thank you for the response.

By the way I have a Discord server for my playlist on Spotify, and I'm also recruiting STAFF members for it.
The Discord server has the goal of not only promoting the playlist itself but also letting people suggest songs or submit songs (in case they are artists). We also dream of becoming a big playlist.

--> https://discord.gg/27YYRHpnKp

Suggested posts