Canada

Device

Amazon Fire Stick

Operating System

Fire OS 5.2.7.4 (656638420)

Fire TV 6221059.1

Spotify App version 1.33.0

My Question or Issue

Spotify stopped working on my Amazon Fire Stick. It won't allow me to log in any longer. It stays on the login screen and nothing happens. I tried logging in with username and password and also with PIN pairing. I tried 2 different accounts. I tried another fire stick I have. I tried clearing the data and cache. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. I tried restarting the Fire Stick. I tried resetting the Fire Stick to factory defaults. So... I tried everything. Please help.

34 Replies
Highlighted

Can’t connect to any Firestick. Just says Connecting... with no error messages.

Music Fan

Plan

Premium family

Country

USA

Device

Multiple iOS household phones. None can connect  

Operating System

IOS 14.0.1

My Question or Issue

I have a Amazon fire stick 4K that has no connection issues for months. Never before today. I was playing a song and then suddenly it would not advance to the next song. The center button on the fire stick remote did nothing when next song arrow was pressed. Exited out and back in and now cannot get logged into my account because it will not pair. Code activation not user plus password are working (I log in with Facebook). Tried all forms of updating apps. Uninstall from fire stick and phone. Power down both stick and phone. Nothing works. I can see the fire stick on my phone in the spotify app but when I select it, it just says Connecting... and never pairs. No error message or anything. 

Center button on both fire stick remotes will not allow selection for some functions like user. 

Highlighted

Spotify app doesn't connect to the internet on Fire Stick TV 4K

Casual Listener

Spotify app doesn't connect to the internet on Fire Stick TV 4K.

I've tried to fix it with the typical suspects: modem off/on. Stick plugged off/on. De/-installation of the app.

Please help.

[Connect] Faulty Amazon Firestick Sign In

Visitor

I have been using Spotify on my Amazon Firestick for some time now (several months), and only very recently have I been unable to sign in to my account. I share a family plan and none of the accounts can be signed in to. We have restarted our Firestick, un-installed and re-installed the Spotify app, cleared the data, and cleared the cache. None of this has worked. We have also tried multiple methods of signing in, including casting to the Firestick, logging in using a pin, as well as my email and password. Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and how they solved it.

Highlighted

Re: Spotify doesn't work on Fire Stick anymore

Visitor

I’m having the same issue. I haven’t been able to log into my Spotify through fire stick. It just stays stuck on the login screens. I’m able to get in through my other devices though. I’ve rest the fire stick and deleted the app and re-uploaded it and I’m still having the same problem.

Highlighted

Visitor

Fire TV has the same issue. Tried to update, clear data, uninstall/install. Pairing with wi-fi says "connecting..." attempt to login with pw, pair with pin does not show any errors and doesn't do anything 

Highlighted

Visitor
It worked fine 2 days ago. Tried resetting modem, router, un plugged tv, checked for updates on five tv, uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify app several times, cleared cache, cleared data, changed password. I have 3 Fire TV sticks, all worked fine 2 days ago. Now when trying to log on all 3, can impute email and password, but when log in button is pushed, nothing happens. I know it is sending info, because I purposely used wrong password and it turned red stating email or password was incorrect. Still works fine on my phone and even added it to a computer that previously did not have Spotify and logged in and worked fine.

Spotify, this has to be on your end. Please sent out a notification when this is corrected.
Highlighted

Visitor
Same here (U.S. - Premium user - Fire stick - Android phone). It started yesterday by stopping mid-playlist, then it wouldn't play anything. I was able to navigate everywhere, but the play button wouldn't do anything. I deleted the app then reinstalled it. It won't pair with my phone anymore. And when I try to log in via email & pw, it lets me input everything, but the Login button doesn't do anything. 
Highlighted

Re: Spotify app doesn't connect to the internet on Fire Stick TV 4K

It's not just you -- it's not connecting on either my Firestick 4k or my Fire TV. Streams fine through the Android app. 

Also, it's really annoying that there's no actual customer service for paying customers outside of a God damned message board, Spotify. 

Highlighted

Visitor
Same problem here (Brazil). I tried everything too and still can't log in 😞
SUGGESTED POSTS