Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Post to Facebook?

Solved!

Won't Post to Facebook?

So, I have Spotify linked to my Facebook account and everything, and it used to post to my profile on the side (With the timeline profile) which songs/playlists I've been listening to. But I've noticed about a week or two ago, it stopped doing this. My friends and I regularly share music but it is hard to do so when the most recent song it shows is from 2 weeks ago.. 😕

Help! How do I make it so it will post again?

Thanks ❤️

594 Replies

Still no change... I recently added some new playlists and they showed up instantly in the 'Recently on Spotify' box in my timeline. Now, if only you guys could get this working again for, oh, EVERYTHING else!

Songs are still going into my activity log just fine. But none of the 'Top x' lists or '...listened to a song' are showing (except top playlists from back in October - despite me already listening to these new playlists more than those old ones).

Cmon guys! If you manage to resolve this before the end of the month I promise to send you a nice box of chocolates!

I am also having this issue and have tried every idea that has been posted. 😕

I'm sure you're still working on this, but any help would be awesome.

I know this is under Windows but just solved this for myself and so thought the solution might work for others.

1/ I logged out of Spotify across all the different devices I use (laptops, phones, tablets)

2/  In FB, I removed Spotify as an App (making sure not to remove all of the historical data) https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

3/  On Android, I logged back into Spotify (0.5.4.73) using my FB credentials

4/  In Settings, I turned on Show on Facebook

5/ Checked FB and for now it's working.  Not sure if it will catchup on missing historical data at this point though

Hope it helps

Probably just lucky simonbaptist, I just tried your method, and no joy here. And my guess is that it'll stop working again for you soon enough.

I should also mention that when I use the Spotify app on my Android device, it shows up in my Facebook's recent activity (viewable by all my friends.) Only on my Macbook Pro does it not work. I've tried uninstalling the desktop app and Facebook app, and niether works.

I was getting just the last 8 songs on my Music page but now I'm back to no songs and only playlists.

Are you going to work with Facebook to fix this? This was one of your best features imo.

Hello there,

We have talked with Facebook about this issue and we are all aware that is still happening.

As we said in our last update we are continually working with them to show the most relevant information and there will be improvements to this rolling out this year, so it will get fixed/improved sometime soon.

We are very sorry for all these inconveniences since we know it is a quite frustrating issue and we really appreciate your patience. 

Thanks so much for everything, we will bring news as soon as we get them.

Best,

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

"...there will be improvements rolling out this year..."

Lots of scope timewise there 🙂 Only 350 days left to get it sorted!

..... so it will get fixed/improved sometime soon.

you missed that bit of the sentence 

😉

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

I know English is not your first language so I won't be too critical, but even that phrase, the way you have written it, leaves it totally open ended and could mean anytime from now until eternity. It would have been better just to write "...so it will get fixed/improved sometime soon" or simply "...so it will get fixed/improved soon".

You are right and I meant,

"Sometime soon"

Thanks for this.

For the rest of users, again, thanks for your patience and I will really bring news asap.

Best,

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

To be honest, picking at community staff's grammar isn't going to help get this fixed anytime sooner is it.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Look, I didn't mean any offence and I did it in a light hearted way. I feel It's important that communication with customers is correct, unambiguous and understood by all. Since the support staff here in the community don't work in development, them spending time to communicate correctly doesn't have any bearing on how quickly or slowly this problem will get fixed.

Again you address it as "this issue" without saying a word about what you consider to be the issue here, and then you continue by saying that you "are continually working with them to show the most relevant information and there will be improvements to this rolling out this year."

The only person that keeps talking about the most relevant information is you, the rest of us are talking about the the information that used to be displayed on the music & spotify tabs on facebook that included "top artists", "top albums", "top songs" and now only shows the playlist that have been updated listened to.

Does that mean that somewhere allong the way you considered the rest to be less relevant, or are you willing to confirm that:
a.) This functionallity is currently broken, and

b.) That this functionallity will be restored.

Or is you reply a way of saying that things are going to change and that we will probably have to do without the top artists", "top albums", "top songs" stuff?

I wont be suprised if this/these mod(s) still dont understand what the real issue here is. This topic started with another issue up to page 15/34 (about not showing -'''''''' listened to ''''''''' on spotify- in activity list), after around page 15 the issue in the topic got changed to another issue about facebook not showing your top artists, total played songs, top album / artist ETC. We, to be honest, spammed this topic (after around page 15/34) with what the real second problem is. And if you still dont understand what is going on... idk, i've got nothing more to say about that. If I was a mod, I also would also say "we are going to look at 'the issue'" without knowing what the real issue is and not researching it. Hah, then everyone could be a mod simply said. Btw, @rocio, dont you have Facebook..? If you have, you can see the real issue with your own eyes behind your pc... If not, we still posted like enough screenshots for you to make it clear what's it all about... You're making a drama of it Rocio, shows how much effort you put in your 'work'.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/117797/image-id/5096i91437B20487D89BC
https://community.spotify.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/117797/image-id/5094i97D99E232E154071
https://community.spotify.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/117797/image-id/5092iD786B9B71E84D551
https://community.spotify.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/117797/image-id/5090iFFED0729BD86A4A4
https://community.spotify.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/117797/image-id/4994i760BE7DDE097BFCB

Here, once again, my screenshots about this issue. They are like 2 months old, but that same problem still occurs.

(PS: I am repeating again, specially for you, the real issue now isn't that Facebook doesnt show what you are listening right now. Facebook shows correctly what I am listening right now in activity list. I've been following my spotify account which is connected to my Facebook from my other Facebook account. The songs I play on my Spotify can be seen from my other Facebook account (ticker or facebookpage).)

Hello again,

@profundiz: We know the "top artists", "top albums", "top songs" funcionallity is not working as it should. Our social team knows, Facebook knows so we will bring news as soon as we have them. Sorry about this taking so long.  

@Bibii: the thread is being checked since the very beginning by us and by our social team. We are aware of the different issues (both related about us sending the info to Facebook)...and once again we will bring news asap. Im sorry if it seemed I wasnt putting much effort...I really am trying my best on communicate internally what is happening in this forum in general and this issue in particular now. 

I really hope this is all solved soon.

Thank you all for your patience..:)

Rocio

Community Manager

♬Music is life♬

Alright, I think this is what the most wanted to hear. A confirmation of you that it has been forwarded correctly to the team. Now, it should just be a matter of time until it's solved. In the meantime, I'll continue listening to music on spotify ;).

I'm glad that we're now clear on this. With you guys and Facebook knowing about it, it should just be a matter of time before it's working again, which is great. I hope that all the data that used to be there comes back with the fix.

How we looking guys? Any progress on this front?

11 months and stuck in limbo....

Hey there,

My Facebook worked yesterday for hour with this posting songs option.

But not anymore.

Suggested posts