gabriellacs

Plan

Student Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone SE and PC

My Question or Issue

I've been enrolled in the Spotify + Hulu student deal since it launched last year and had a hard time connecting my accounts then. Now, I'm having an even harder time trying to log into Showtime with my connected email to take advantage of the new feature. I followed through with the actions of the "even Streamier" email but as soon as I went to try logging into the Showtime app, it's telling me this account doesn't exist. I tried on the computer and signing up with the same email and password that I thought I used to signup for Showtime through that sent email but this time for the Showtime through Hulu option, and it's telling me my Hulu account doesn't have Showtime. I have no clue how to connect Showtime to my already existing Student accounts with Spotify and Hulu and exhausted every thing I could think to do. 

9 Replies

Re: can't log into showtime with student spotify account

Blake127
Regular

if you go to spotifys website on a computer log in and then click on profile in the right corner. Then click on acount. now at this point you should see a bar of options on the left hand side. click the tab that says your services. you should then see showtime, hulu, and spotify. Click on activate under the showtime tab and follow the rest of the steps. be sure to use your spotify email for showtime or it may not work.

JSTORM
Casual Listener

Even after going through those steps of activation and even creating a username and password with showtime you cannot go back to their site and activate any devices since spotify is not on their list of providers...

Blake127
Regular

So Spotify isn’t on the list of providers, if you have received an email from showtime confirming your activation navigate to the following www.showtime.com/#getstarted click sign in, located in the top right. Log in with the new credentials you previously created.

JSTORM
Casual Listener

Thank you for the reply, completed the steps and I am able to log in only on my PC but cannot seem to activate any devices on the site. No options to do so in sight...

Blake127
Regular

Make sure you are using the correct app on your mobile device. If I remember correctly I think showtime has several different ones if that is the case be sure to try them all, I’m sure one of them will work!

the_gatsby

Having the exact same problem, tried registering a new showtime account with the same email I used the first time, tried to connect to my spotify, but got an error message saying I already had an account linked..

Blake127
Regular

I would recommend trying a different email, if not you may need to contact Showtime or Spotify. Make sure you follow the steps listed above, if you have I’m sorry. Since this just released within the last 24hrs I’m sure they will get the kinks worked out soon. 

ejsu92

Hey everyone! Once you’ve created the email and password for showtime through Spotify, make sure you download the SHOWTIME app! NOT SHOWTIME ANYTIME. showtime anytime WILL NOT WORK. The login works for the showtime app. :) hope this helps everyone who’s having issues!

Siroten

Make sure to use the right Showtime app (not "Showtime Anytime").
Open the app and go to the "Sign In"-screen. There, just click on the "forgot password"-option. Follow the link in the email you receive and just put in a new password. Worked for me.

SUGGESTED POSTS