Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove Black Lives Matter playlist

How to remove Black Lives Matter playlist

I'm a paying customer - paying for listening to the music I LIKE, not to listen your political agenda. Why I should listen to such titles as "Richard Pryor - Niggers vs. The Police" or "N.W.A - **bleep** Tha Police". This is on your "Black Live Matter" playlist!. 
If this playlist won't be removed from my home-screen I'm cancelling my subscription! 

88 Replies

#BlackLivesMatter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note : this topic is NOT for song/album or playlist submission. Any answer other than comment about the content of this post, will be removed. Thanks for your understanding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The goal of this post is not to create any controversy. The idea of this selection is to associate music from the black culture to the movement #BlackLivesMatter, for taking some time to think and for trying, each one of us, to answer this question :

What popular music would be without the contribution of all of them since recording has been made possible ?

Alphabetically handpicked selection of 120 tracks. Running time : 6 h 44 min

n

Featured :

2Pac / Al Green / Alicia Keys / Aretha Franklin / Arrested Development / Arthur Brown / Arthur Conley / The Bar-Kays / Barrett Strong / Ben E. King / Ben Harper / Big Bill Broonzy / Big Mama Thornton / Big Maybelle / Billie Holiday / Billy Preston / Blind Willie Johnson / Bobby Womack / Bo Diddley / Buddy Guy / The Chambers Brothers / Champion Jack Dupree / Chuck Berry / Clarence Carter / The Clovers / The Coasters / The Crystals / Cypress Hill / Diana Ross & The Supremes / Don Covay / Donna Summer / The Dovells / The Drifters / Earth, Wind & Fire / Eddie Floyd / Edwin Starr / Ella Fitzgerald / Elmore James / Etta James / Fatboy Slim / Fats Domino / Four Tops / Fugees/ Funkadelic / Gang Starr / Geto Boys / Gil Scott-Heron / Gloria Gaynor / Ghostface Killah / Grandmaster Flash / Harry Belafonte / Howlin' Wolf / Ike & Tina Turner / The Ikettes / Irma Thomas / The Isley Brothers / Jackie Wilson / The Jackson Five / James Brown / JAY-Z / Jimi Hendrix / Jimmy Reed / Joe Tex / John Lee Hooker / Josh White / Jr. Walker & The All Stars / Koko Taylor / Kool & The Gang / Lee Dorsey / Lenny Kravitz / Lightnin' Hopkins / Little Eva / Little Richard / Louis Armstrong / Lou Rawls / Martha Reeves / The Marvelettes / Marvin Gaye / MC Hammer / Michael Jackson / The Miracles / Mos Def / Ms. Lauryn Hill / Muddy Waters / The Neville Brothers / N.E.R.D / Nina Simone / Odetta / The O'Jays / Otis Redding / Otis Rush / Parliament / Percy Sledge / The Pharcyde / The Platters / Prince / Ray Charles / Roberta Flack / Robert Johnson / The Ronettes / Rufus Thomas / Run-D.M.C. / Salt-N-Pepa / Sam Cooke / Sam & Dave / Screamin' Jay Hawkins / The Shirelles / Shirley Bassey / Sister Rosetta Tharpe / Sly & The Family Stone / Smokey Robinson / Solomon Burke / Sonny Terry / The Staple Singers / Stevie Wonder / The Temptations / Tracy Chapman / Willie Dixon / Wilson Pickett / Youssou N'Dour, Neneh Cherry /

Additional Keywords : 2020, Black Lives Matter

Note : Apologies to all of those who could also be part of this playlist.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same here, check out the other BLM forum post gaining traction. I would prefer to opt out of political content entirely, let alone the fact that what passes for music on the BLM playlist is a poor music recommendation for me in any event.

I much prefer Spotify being an apolitical and secular platform, that only puts content in my feed based on my prior activity on its platform. If it's going to turn political, I would like to know so I can reconsider my paid subscription. I do not want my money to go towards political causes at all, and I would prefer proceeds to go towards musicians.

Completely agree!

Exactly. Why do I have a racist BLM ad on my home screen? White life does not matter? I am a paying customer and I probably won't be with this approach soon.

Agreed, this doesn't need to be forced on paying customers. We subscribe to have access to the kinds of music WE want to listen to. I have no interest in listening to this kind of music. A music platform should be apolitical.

Immediately provide an option to remove this spam from my Spotify homepage.

Keep your political opinions to social media and off your platform please.

Please either remove black lives matter playlist from my homepage or show me how to do it. I am here to listen to music not be bombarded with your political opinions.

Agreed!

There needs to be an option to keep the political**bleep** off my music player. WinAMP still looks the same as it did 20 years ago, I should have the option to keep Spotify looking how I want too as a paying customer.

**bleep** yea, paying too much to have an ad right at the top of my home screen. I don't care what spotify thinks, I don't want to see their virtue signaling, I just want to see my playlists and artists I actually listen to.

I have logged a technical issue over this as it is a technical issue: Users cannot report curated Spotify content. Fortunately, that is a real issue regardless of politics. Find the topic here and lend your support if you would also like to remove this kind of childish nonsense from your feed in future:

Cannot Report Offensive Spotify In Solidarity Content 

Absolutely agreed! Why does a Swedish company force political posturing for a violent US political activist group down its international customers throats? There is enough wrong with the technical platform itself that would require attention of qualified staff. If my money gets spent on propaganda instead of technical staff I am obviously paying too much.

And why the **bleep** do I have to train Google's autonomous vehicle AI a.k.a. recaptcha to post here?

Same here. Had to register here only to say, GET RID OF THE BLM sheet ON MY SPOTIFY FRONT PAGE!!!!!!!! I am seriously considering canceling my subscription.

Agree with this, why am i paying for a service if i want to deal with trash like this, please remove

I browsed through the playlist... it's not BLM, it's gangster riot. Spotify,  BackOffWithPolitics!

I would also like this playlist off of my account. It isn't even close to any of the music I  listen to therefore, it is irrelevant to me. I also want nothing to do with anyone else's political opinion. There should be an option to remove it from your personal account.

I **bleep**ing know, they are so **bleep**ing annoying and greedy, They shadow ban Artists Albums so you cant find it on their account and have to specifically search for, And i have a problem i cant Search for anything or use the Mini player Please help and i dont know how to make a post 

I just sent out this tweet - please copy my tweet and make this go viral. Maybe they will listen!
Hi @Spotify, as far as I know, I PAY for my premium subscription each month to listen to the music of my choosing. Please don't shove your political agenda down my throat. #myspotifymychoice

I agree

I've been asking users to do the same. Meanwhile, you can find my bug report(s) back up, it's no longer thought of as spam, wisely enough. Feel free to add a like and a comment to keep it under their noses, up there in the feed, and have them feel what it feels like being forced to deal with an issue in which you have no interest.

Suggested posts