Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Backstage-pass.png

Backstage Intros: Meet Molly

meahtenoha

RockStars3.png

Hello Molly (aka retrosnatch), nice to meet you. Tell us a little about yourself. retrosnatch.jpg

Hey, my name is Molly, I'm from North Carolina (USA). I work in Tech Support at a ticketing company. I'm an avid record collector, and I love going to live shows. I host a weekly radio show on littleraleighradio.org every Tuesday night. 

So, what kind of music are you into?

It might be easier to ask what kinds of music am I NOT into, haha. I will listen to almost anything at least once. My wheelhouse though is 80s/90s darkwave: Bauhaus, The Smiths, The Cure etc. I can't get enough of it. Secondly, I try to stay current with new releases and so far this year, I've had Catfish & the Bottlemen, Dan Mangan + Blacksmith and Susanne Sundfør on repeat. 

Madonna took a tumble at the Brit awards this week. What's the most public embarassment you've ever been in? (If you don't mind sharing!)

One of my most embarrassing moments was at a (remarkably not canceled) Morrissey show. The show was in Richmond, VA at a place called The National. Morrissey handed me the microphone and asked, "Do you have anything earth-shattering to say?" I was in shock at the moment, so all I could think of to say in the moment was a very lame, "We love you!" He scowled and said, "Very witty." I was thoroughly embarrassed. Later of course, I thought of the perfect thing I should have said which was one of his own lyrics, "We've all gone to The National." But like always, I didn't think of that until it was too late...Ugh...

We announced this week that we're bringing lyrics to the desktop app? What are some of your favourite ever song lyrics?

I am so excited for this feature! And speaking of Morrissey, so many of his lyrics (solo and from The Smiths) spring to mind. He's a fantastic lyricist. I also love Stephin Merritt's lyrics (Magnetic Fields, The 6ths, Gothic Archies, etc). Tori Amos writes strikingly beautiful poetry set to music. Some examples: 

Morrissey: "I've been stabbed in the back so many times, I don't have any skin."

"Does the body rule the mind, or does the mind rule the body? I don't know."

and “the pain was enough to make a shy, bald Buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder”

Stephin Merrit: “my heart's running round like a chicken with its head cut off, all around the barnyard falling in and out of love”

“All the things I knew I didn't know and didn't want to know that you told me just to tell me later that you'd told me so”

Tori Amos: “So you can make me come, that doesn’t make you Jesus”

“So you are a superstar. Get off the cross, we need the wood”

“So you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. What's so amazing about really deep thoughts? Boy, you best pray that I bleed real soon. How's that thought for you?”

Also, Tori likes to start lyrics with “so” apparently. haha

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

I am very easily amused and laughing is my most favorite thing to do in the world. The sillier a joke is, the more I laugh. I love slapstick comedy like all of Mel Brooks’ movies and the Naked Gun series and Airplane! and Monty Python. Some of my favorite comedians are one-liners like Steven Wright and Mitch Hedberg. The jokes my kids tell me are hilarious. Here are a couple:

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?

A: A stick!

Q: What do you call a pig with three eyes?

A: a piiig.

Those slay me!

4 Comments