Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being billed 9.99 a month but the two accounts i have are on free subscription !?

Being billed 9.99 a month but the two accounts i have are on free subscription !?

I've been charged 9.99 for over the past 6 months. Last month i used my online banking to make a stop payment to Spotify because i couldn't figure out what account was charging my debit?! The stop payment didn't work (i was charged $13 fee for this too ..ugh) and Spotify charged me another 9.99 on the 14th of this month.

My ex-boyfriend oringally created an account with my email address but didn't sign up for Premium so we were never being charged anything. I've checked the account, changed the password, and removed all devices. It still says our subscription is on free so i don't believe this is the account im paying for.

I created another account with a different email and have subscribed to Spotify Premium through my cell service provider (fido - free 6 months of premium. i'm good until november). In subscriptions it states that my premium is covered through Fido and i shouldn't be charged.

I have NO other email addresses that i could have an account with. I even searched for one using my facebook account but it tells me i don't have an account connected to my FB.

I have NO clue what to do now. I can't contact the owners of Spotify directly and speak with someone about my concerns which is extremely frustrating. I don't want to go to my bank and go through the process of making a claim against spotify but at this point - it's my only option (which i have a feeling STILL wont solve my problem)

I'm just wondering if there's something i'm missing... if anyone else has any suggestions or steps i can take to terminate the charge of 9.99 on my account each month... when i dont know what account is charging me!? 

2 Replies

I am having exactly the same problem.

I only have one account (than I know of).

It says the account is free, but had deducted a monthly fee for past two months (I used the one month free trial, which requires entering a credit card number, but then cancelled before the month was finished).

Does anyone know how to solve this?

I had to go to my bank and change my card so they couldn't charge my account anymore. It was the only thing I could think of..

Suggested posts