Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidently removed spotify from FB and it deleted my play lists

Accidently removed spotify from FB and it deleted my play lists

I removed Spotify from my FB, but when I tried to log into Spotify with my FB info, it deleted all of my play lists. However, it's like it created another account for me because I can follow my old playlists. How can I get my old account back??

6 Replies

Hey @kimtvu 🙂 

Normally when this happens you just need to log back in using your original Spotify username and password rather than your Facebook details (since they are no longer tied to your real Spotify account).

Try the steps in this topic 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm not sure if I even registered with a separate username and password.. I've tried checking my e-mails for past spotify information but I can't find anything.

Can you post a link to a playlist you have found from your "old" account? 

Right click on the playlist name > Select Copy Spotify URI and paste it here.

Peter

Peter

It looks like that original account was created via Facebook too, so it appears Spotify has accidentally made a duplicate new account in the system for you and that has made your old one inaccessible for the time being. 

Unfortunately this isn't something we will be able to fix here on the community. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to restore your original account for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Okay, will do. Thanks for all your help!

Suggested posts