Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in to new facebook from spotify

Solved!

Can't log in to new facebook from spotify

Hello, I recently made a new facebook (and I forgot to disconnect the old facebook from spotify) So it shows Im logged in as my old, but when I go to preferences it says "connect to facebook", and when I try this, nothing happens.

Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's okay, found out the password to my old account. The problem was probably that the info from the old facebook got attached to the spotify, and had to be disconnected manually from Spotify while the old account was still enabled.

The fix I did: logged to my old facebook, waited a min for it to get activated again, connected to facebook with the NEW account, and the OLD one got logged in, then I just disconnected that one and again added the new.

Case closed. 😛

View solution in original post

9 Replies

The only thing I could have done undo this was to log in on my old facebook, but I dont have access to the mail adress(made a random one just to avoid all the spam and crap from facebok). And I dont have the password for the old one.

@Safrion wrote:

The only thing I could have done undo this was to log in on my old facebook, but I dont have access to the mail adress(made a random one just to avoid all the spam and crap from facebok). And I dont have the password for the old one.

Hey 🙂 

Have you tried connecting your account to Facebook from your online profile?

Click here to go to that page 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Already tried that I'm afraid. Did not work. 😛

It's the application itself that wont allow me to connect to my new facebook, not the internet page.

Strange, does the website page say you are already connected? 

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the client?

Peter

Peter

Just tried that now, did not work either. 😕

The only solution I can see myself is to try and find out the old facebook profile password and disconnect from there.

@Safrion wrote:

Just tried that now, did not work either. 😕

The only solution I can see myself is to try and find out the old facebook profile password and disconnect from there.

If your account says "Connect to Facebook" in the preferences then it is not connected to Facebook. 

I gonna suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to look into your account a little closer on their end, make sure everything is running as it should for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

It's okay, found out the password to my old account. The problem was probably that the info from the old facebook got attached to the spotify, and had to be disconnected manually from Spotify while the old account was still enabled.

The fix I did: logged to my old facebook, waited a min for it to get activated again, connected to facebook with the NEW account, and the OLD one got logged in, then I just disconnected that one and again added the new.

Case closed. 😛

Awesome, thanks for sharing your solutions! 

Kudos to you 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Thanks thanks, I'm guessing this goes for the old accounts before the merge of Spotify and Facebook only. 🙂

Suggested posts