Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to stop using credit card and start using my giftcards!

I want to stop using credit card and start using my giftcards!

Help! I tried to stop the credit card payment, however when I click on deleting that particular payment method, nothing changes. It is still in there.

I have giftcards and already just redeemed 1, but still in my account it says my payment method is credit card.

Can anyone help me??

2 Replies

Hi! Welcome to the community! I'm afraid you can't just remove the payment detalis you entered when you first created your account but don't worry - since you switched to giftcards, your credit card will not be charged until you stop using giftcrads. You can always contact with the CS team using this online contact form and they will be more than happy to assist you further on this (e.g. remove your payment detalis).

Hey 🙂 

Your gift cards will be used before you card is charged again. 

When you redeem a gift card, you should notice the next payment date on your online overview moves back by the amount of time redeemed on the card.

So if you redeem a card for 1 month of premium, your renewal date will be pushed back by 1 month. 

If you wish to remove your card details, you need to cancel your subscription first, which you can do from your online account above. Once that is done, your card details can be removed from your account. Don't worry, if you cancel any time you have already paid for and any gift cards you have redeemed will still be valid for the correct amount of time.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts