Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled subscription but still charged $9.99, no human to talk to. Going to disupte the charge.

Solved!

Cancelled subscription but still charged $9.99, no human to talk to. Going to disupte the charge.

Cancelled subscription but Spotify still went ahead and performed a automated charge of $9.99. Tried contacting Spotify per credit card suggestion, no human on the other line, just a answering machine that directs people back to the site. I went ahead and disputed the charge with my credit card company. Please stop charging my card, I do not want to pay for broken software, a audio player that does not play music is useless to me.

Your most recent version 1.5.0.2728 does not fix any bugs but pushes more trivial features like "equalizer".

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Someone should get back to you, normally within 24 hours. I wouldn't suggest issuing a charge back, partly because customer services will be able to sort it out for you and secondly because if you do they will deactivate your account, which means you have to jump through hoops if you ever want to use Spotify again in the future.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Reply to the automated e-mail (even when it is from a no-reply adress) and a member of spotify will get in touch with you. 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Thanks for the reply. I have submitted cancellation inquiry at https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact and replied to the automated email.

Marked as solution

Someone should get back to you, normally within 24 hours. I wouldn't suggest issuing a charge back, partly because customer services will be able to sort it out for you and secondly because if you do they will deactivate your account, which means you have to jump through hoops if you ever want to use Spotify again in the future.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts