Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

large.jpeg

A day at the Spotify office in Cambridge

Jordi

Star Blog.jpg

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. To find out more about the Rock Star Program click here.

Last week, me (Jordi) and Community Legend @Flixx (Felix) visited the Spotify office in Cambridge during our short trip to the UK. While we kindly asked for a quick tour through the office and only expected them say either yes or no, they went all in. We both were completely surprised by what they organised for us.

The day started with that quick tour I asked for. @Chris__s introduced us to the team and after that we played a short game of Ping Pong. Luckily for both of us that we didn’t play competitive.

After I mastered Ping Pong we went to a meeting room. They prepared a presentation for us about what they do on a regular day--then more employees joined the meeting. There were about 15 of them, some of them are also active in the Community. They went around the table and said their name and when they started working for Spotify.

After all the employees went back and we sat next to @Jake, one of the masterminds behind @SpotifyCares. We talked a bit about Twitter and the cooperation with the Community. These guys are so creative in their work that they even won a Webby Award by just being nice and creative.

After all this intensity, we needed some relaxation. We got lunch, and @Adam_B gave us a tour around the city. Did you know that he is not only a great Tweeter, but also one of the best tour guides in Cambridge?

When we came back from the tour, a second surprise was waiting for us. Community Managers @Goodman and @meahtenoha were eager to meet us through Google Hangouts. We talked about our day and how the office looks like.

The last part of the day was all about meeting many different guys. @Pete (Community Moderator) showed me how they communicate with the developers, Rock Stars and the customers. @Jake made me laugh very hard with some cool Instagram videos they are working on and I even met the guy that is designing all the cool rewards for the Community (@eddroard) like the famous Rock Star Hoodie.

Cambridge team, do you recognize them all?Cambridge team, do you recognize them all?Thank you Cambridge team for giving me this experience. I not only smiled a lot, but I also learned a lot during this day. 

rsp blog.png
8 Comments