Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled subscription, but still got charged.

Solved!

Cancelled subscription, but still got charged.

I recently cancelled my free trial (cancelled 3-15-12 when free trial ended 3-16-12) and was then charged $9.99 for the premium subscription. Because of this I was overdrafted and charged $25 from spotify for this mistake. Has anyone else had similar problems? I have tried to contact spotify but they gave me some lame excuse that doesn't help me. I just sent another complaint and asked for a number to call. Help anyone?

51 Replies

Macdaddy6400 - It looks like one of my colleagues has got back to you in the last few hours or so. So keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I got charged after I cut it off too. is there a phone number or a way to emait them? I can't seem to find it.

@jagerwhal wrote:

I got charged after I cut it off too. is there a phone number or a way to emait them? I can't seem to find it.

For all payment issues, please get in touch through our contact form

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I also have been charged and when i cancelled it way before it was due i also uninstalled the app. I logged in here today to find it says i have a free account and not premium. My card was charged with 9;99 and i am not impressed!!! If i have no feedback from this today i shall be letting more steam off and want a full refund!!!!

Hi t0rm- What's mostly likely happened here is you've made two accounts on our system. 

Please follow Richard's link above to our contact form. Queries like this one need to go to our payments team. They'll be able to help sort this out with you via direct emails. Thanks!

I have the same problem as pretty much everyone here. I cancelled my subscription and was told I would have access to everything till 12/25/12 and then my subscription would end.  Instead I find a $9.99 charge on my bank account on that day which almost overdrafted my account. I used the "contact form" or whatever it is called and I have not heard back from anyone.  I just want my money back, not another month of spotify please.

Hi giovel88 - The only channel we can use for payments queries is the contact form. 

Did you receive an automated message directing youto the Community? If so, please reply again with your message. Your email will reach our payments team. 

I tried contacting you guys through the contact form.  I never recieved any response, not even and automated one.  I've checked both inbox and spam folders.  

Okay so I just verified that my subscription has been removed and I am currently a free user again.  The money has been taken out of my account already though, I need that fixed asap please.  Should I try using the contact form again?

Hi giovel88 - That's a query only the payments team can handle. Just reply again to that email if you've already been in touch with an CS advisor. 

I too am being charged. I cancelled my subscription to Premium Spotify back in August but am still being charged. I am going to contact my bank and the Better Business Bureau in order to resolve this matter. It seems convenient that Spotify doesn't send you a confirmation of your cancellation via email just on their cancellation page. I don't have money to throw away for a service I am not using. And, yes, I am aware that the subscription carries over into the next month. But, several months later?! I want this resolved and I want a refund.

Jlmoore3
Marked as solution

@Jlmoore3 wrote:

I too am being charged. I cancelled my subscription to Premium Spotify back in August but am still being charged. I am going to contact my bank and the Better Business Bureau in order to resolve this matter. It seems convenient that Spotify doesn't send you a confirmation of your cancellation via email just on their cancellation page. I don't have money to throw away for a service I am not using. And, yes, I am aware that the subscription carries over into the next month. But, several months later?! I want this resolved and I want a refund.

Hi, you probably have a duplicate account.

If you contact customer services using the Support Form you should be able to get a refund 🙂 

Thank you, LiamW. I have done that and am awaiting a response. WIll see. 

Jlmoore3

@Jlmoore3 wrote:

Thank you, LiamW. I have done that and am awaiting a response. WIll see. 

No worries 🙂 

Much appreciated. 🙂
Jlmoore3

i Cancelled in december and i have been getting charcged every month since then. This is ridiculous

@billman wrote:

i Cancelled in december and i have been getting charcged every month since then. This is ridiculous

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to sort this out for you. Don't worry, if you haven't been using the service they won't let you be out of pocket. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I can't seem to remove my card information at all from this site.. It really sucks there isn't someone I can speak with directly on the phone. I would really appreciate a refund to my card so I can then dispute the $35 overdraft fee that was caused. I think it sucks other people have had this same problem. Just wow.

Hi @cmarcum

Have you tried getting in contact with the support team through the steps outlined in Peter's post? This is a sure-fire way to get in contact with the Customer Support team.

Let me know if you're still continuing to experience issues in an attempt to reach out to the Customer Support Reps.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Thanks Mikey for replying.

I did use the "Contact Spotify Support" form but no reply yet. My bank said that it is very well possible to forgive the overdraft fee made on the card because I wasn't aware it was a recurring fee taken off my card. I figured out how to finally unsubscribe my service. I hope the reps will refund me because I really had no idea they just run your card without even asking you or emailing you or anything..

Suggested posts