Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled subscription, but still got charged.

Solved!

Cancelled subscription, but still got charged.

I recently cancelled my free trial (cancelled 3-15-12 when free trial ended 3-16-12) and was then charged $9.99 for the premium subscription. Because of this I was overdrafted and charged $25 from spotify for this mistake. Has anyone else had similar problems? I have tried to contact spotify but they gave me some lame excuse that doesn't help me. I just sent another complaint and asked for a number to call. Help anyone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Jlmoore3 wrote:

I too am being charged. I cancelled my subscription to Premium Spotify back in August but am still being charged. I am going to contact my bank and the Better Business Bureau in order to resolve this matter. It seems convenient that Spotify doesn't send you a confirmation of your cancellation via email just on their cancellation page. I don't have money to throw away for a service I am not using. And, yes, I am aware that the subscription carries over into the next month. But, several months later?! I want this resolved and I want a refund.

Hi, you probably have a duplicate account.

If you contact customer services using the Support Form you should be able to get a refund 🙂 

View solution in original post

51 Replies

I was charged after canceling twice!!! What a rip off...I am trying to get refund now!

me too!

Gagegarcia - I can see that my colleague sent you an email for a few confirmation details.

If you could reply to that message our payments team can help you out.

Joni790 - Have a look in your inbox. You should have an email waiting for you too.

Meredith, I also have the exact same problem.

leenguyen94 - I've just looked at your account, it seems your cancelation was only just made - your first payment was made on the 26th.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I've made a another post concerning this.  I had tried cancelling the day of the experiation of the free trial period.

Hi Leenguyen94 - Did you receive the email I sent to you earlier this morning?

Please have a look in your inbox. I can help you via that email thread more efficiently--thanks!

I am trying to cancel my free trial as well. When i go to cancel it it says that i have an invalid password??

Stevea - Please try logging out of your Facebook, then trying again. Alternatively, could you try going through a different internet browser.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have just noticed I also have been billed the 9.99 fee. I swore I canceled this before the time period ended (within the first week of subscribing), but went ahead and just canceled it now to be sure I don't get billed again!. Can someone please look into this for me? If you are able to view my history, you will see that I never used the account. Thank you in advance!

Hey jpgrywalski, welcome to the Community.

I'll send you an email on this right away.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I ALSO had this issue. I just now got my credit card bill and noticed I have been charged twice ($9.99 each time) AFTER I cancelled my subscription. I cancelled once again tonight, but am having a difficult time finding a way to contact a Spotify representative to make sure this issue is corrected.

Gilbie286 - I can see you've got in touch with our payments team. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

This also happened to me, my last day was the first, so I cancelled it on the 30th as to ensure I didn't get charged. And even wrote a lengthy note on why I was cancelling about how much I enjoyed it, especially on my iphone but that they should consider adding it to the unlimited plan as well!

If someone could helped me that would be great! Also, I suggest that you guys put out a number for members to call so that people don't just continually keep posting on this, and you can better sufficiently keep track of the financials.

Thanks,

Kelsey

I'm having the exact same problem as stevea, what helped you?

Afparker - Could you try and log out of Facebook, then try a different internet browser? I think this worked for stevea. If you're still having trouble, you'll need to contact our payments team. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

I cancelled my spotify subscription months ago- absolutely months ago, I think you will be able to tell from the usuage on the account that it has hardly been used at all. I think the only times have been when my young son logged onto the account via my iPhone (which I was unaware of) and played music. However, I was unaware that I still had access to the mobile access as I was certain I had cancelled my subscription so many months ago. Upon discovering he could still access it on my account however I realised that the subscription must still be running. I would like a refund for the last 4 months please as I am sure that I cancelled at least then. You can check from the usuage hours on my account.  I would also appreciate if you could contact me to let me know if the cancellation that I put through just now has gone through. Thank you.

I have tried to contact you guys directly through the contact form but it doesn't seem to go through. Please respond via email. Thanks. 

Hi LondonMedicine- I've just moved your post over to this more relevant thread. 

I've also just sent you an email response. Have a look in your personal inbox whenever you have a moment--thanks!

I also recently canceled my subscription but was still charged the $10 the next month and was charged an overdraft fee through my bank, somebody please contact me.

Suggested posts