Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Continuously required to change password.

Continuously required to change password.

Around once a month my password is disabled and I am required to create a new one. I do not believe my account has been hacked and I am not logged out of any devices until I reset this password, hence the timeframe inaccuracy, but I am unsure how to fix this.

3 Replies

Hi @MarquisParkside,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

We've moved your post to this help board as it fits better its content. 

In order to better understand what's happening, could you send us some screenshots showing the messages you get that inform you about your password being disabled?

If you have received emails asking you to reset it, please send us some images. Just make sure to erase any personal information (email, username, etc.) from them. 

We'll be on the lookout!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I'm having the same exact problem. This is the 4th or 5th time I've been forced to reset my password despite me not doing anything abnormal.

I do have spotify streaming through Sonos as well as Amazon Alexa devices and my phone.

I'm attaching a screen shot of the email that I get.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 9.14.22 AM.png

Hey @cnosko,

Thanks for the post.

In this case we'd recommend following throguh all the trobubleshooting steps mentioned here. This will assure that your account is logged out of any devices that are not yours.

You might be receiving these emails if your account is being used in another country.

We'd also recommend resetting the password on the email address associated with your Spotify account.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts