Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different e-mailadresses

Different e-mailadresses

Hi!

I have an Spotify-account registred on an old e--mailadress that I no longer use. When I try to change it to my new e-mailadress I get the message that "This e-mail is already registred on another account". I thought "Oh, I've obviously forgot that I have two accounts", but I didn't remember the password. So I tried to get Spotify to send me a new password bu using "Forgot your password?", BUT then I get the message that "This e-mailadress isn't registred"...

Do anyone know what this is about and how to fix it? I'd really appreciate all anwers 🙂

2 Replies

Hey @pitteillemeg ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form athey will be able to remove that duplicate account for you so you can update your email address to the correct one. Unfortunately it is amazingly easy to accidentally create an extra account via Facebook so you would be surprised how common this is!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you so much for your answer! 🙂

Suggested posts