Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicates

Solved!

Duplicates

How can I in a smooth way check if my play lists have duplicates of the same song?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, do not worry. I created a guide where you can delete all duplicates in no time - less than a minute... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Contribution/Delete-duplicates-from-Spotify-playlist-in-mi...

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there!

There is no option to do that in app, however in future this will be available. Sadly I don't know when.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, do not worry. I created a guide where you can delete all duplicates in no time - less than a minute... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Contribution/Delete-duplicates-from-Spotify-playlist-in-mi...

Why doesn't the app just check for dups and ask User if they want to replace or keep orig?  

Marked as solution

Hey there!

There is no option to do that in app, however in future this will be available. Sadly I don't know when.

Yes it's nice to have this separate web app but we really need this support built into the main Spotify player -- PLEEZ!

@lanceasimon - Be sure to add your vote to this ideas topic

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This problem shouldn't be marked as Solved. Someone came up with a creative workaround, but Spotify hasn't solved the problem.

Agreed.  I don't know why this is so hard to get put in place, wouldn't be hard to code into the app.

I don't want to jump the gun, but this functionality has been recently added to the mobile apps so hopefully it is only a matter of time before it filters into the desktop client!

Peter

Yes, I saw that it was implemented for Android at the beginning of this month. I hope that means it will also be added for iOS and the desktop client soon!

It was added in iOS v1.4 as far as I know. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Peter

You're right - I just checked the iOS app Version History, and it was added in the Version 1.4.0 update on July 3, 2014. Thanks for the heads up!

Suggested posts