Premium

Country

Lebanon

Device

Windows // Samsung Note 8

Operating System

Windows 10 // Android

My Question or Issue

My account was linked to my Facebook account.

I was struggling to get Dolby Atmos on my computer so I had to reinstall the entire operating system. I reinstalled Spotify, and logged in through facebook only to find out that my name changed. After some research, I found out that my facebook account is either no longer linked or corrupted. In the photo attached, there's no way I can interact with the Facebook settings.

Screenshot_2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify should be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify should be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Actually it's active from both ends.

And I'm not sure how, but Spotify is using a very old email from my teenage years that I haven't actively used in over 8 years. The problem is that I'm unable to change that e-mail.

Is there any get in touch with a Spotify employee?

Hello @NMallah!

If you followed the steps above correctly, it shouldn't take longer than 48h for the system to update everything. As far as how to change your email, I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info. You can also get in touch with Spotify here.

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts