Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shows Web Player (chrome) twice in devices.

Spotify shows Web Player (chrome) twice in devices.

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

iPhone 8Plus and PC

Operating System

iOS 12 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi! 

Im using two devices, iPhone Spotify app and Web Player on Chrome browser. I dont know the third device (Web Player (Chrome)). I assumed that maybe somebody has access to my account and I changed password
immediately, but nothing changed and i still have three devices connected to my account.

I used the Spotify app on my phone when suddenly the song was changed. I noticed that someone uses the Internet player, but how, since at this moment I have only launched the application on the phone.

This is happening all the time. When I turn on a song, after a dozen seconds it is changed not by me.

I also logged off all my devices twice. No effect. Still three devices are logged in. I cannot listen to my music.

Help 😄

Przechwytywanie.PNG

5 Replies

Bez tytułu.pngthis should help you Michał! 🙂

This is happening to me constantly too. It's playing random gangsta rap playlists and flipping away from my playlists to some randon chrome browser and occasionally random phones I don't know.

It is also playing on my Alexa in the middle of the night which really annoying!!!

I've changed password, logged out all devices, changed the home internet password and reinstalled the app to no avail. Think this is a serious bug. What's worse is now all my suggested music is completely off and I have to turn everything off at night to be sure I don't wake the house

I'm a premium user for 7+ years

Corleyo, I did it twice, and as I described in my post, no effect. 

Gmugan, got to know that I am not the only one having this “feature”.

@Gmugan wrote:

This is happening to me constantly too. It's playing random gangsta rap playlists and flipping away from my playlists

Yeah, same gangsta rap is playing instead of my music.

Very good to hear, thought I was going crazy. Are any of the unknown playlists by usernames "Jammar Smith" or "Adam"? Some playlists that are autoplaying seem but be by those two but others are just random letters and numbers usernames.

It's clearly a bug but not sure what to do. My partner is on same family plan account and not having the issues at all. It's really annoying as I'm having to trawl over all this random rap to get back to my own music.

Suggested posts